Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iv read a few threads here on some sight options "the very few sight options" for the PT111 G2.

One thing i want to avoid is paying over $100 for a pair of sights. Not looking to pay nearly or half of what i paid for the gun. Would like to have some metal sights in place of the plastic ones not suited to racking the slide in an emergency and can get a SIG or Springfield XD rear sight cheap enough and a Glock front sight i can fit in.

Iv done allot of searching the last 2 weeks but there can always be something i missed.

Does anyone know of a company or person making sights or rear sight adapter plates for the PT111 G2? (I know that Advanced Tactical Sights have an adapter included but wont sell it on its own.)

Thanks for any help someone can give me.

·
Registered
10,614 Posts

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Too bad he doesn't have something for the 140 G2.
There shouldn't be any discernible difference between the 111 and 140 other than the bore of the chamber and barrel, and possibly the followers inside of the magazines. Other than that, exact same gun.

·
Registered
599 Posts
You'd be the only person on Earth (AFAIK) that has one for PT140s if you decide you do them... (hint, wink, hint) :D

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Novak rear from a PT 1911. The adapter plate is aluminum from a yard sign.
I was thinking of making my own plate like you have. Is the aluminum holding that sight in tight enough where you feel it wont be bumped out?

Thinking of using a SIG rear sight and going with a front glock night sight or going with a universal shotgun sight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
The sights will fit the 140 and the 709.
Have you settled on a price for your sights? I did see that you had a few designs a few weeks back. Will there be a few options such as night sights or fiber optic. Just even a good pair of plain metal sights would be awesome enough.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts