Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! I purchased at PT 100 AFS .40 cal a couple years back. The gun shoots amazing and is pretty accurate, however, I wanted to make some upgrades to the sights. I have been looking everywhere to see if someone manufacturers dove-tail plate that will accept a red dot sight. I've been looking on EGW's website and haven't found anything quite right.
Has anybody done this before?
Is there a dovetail that is slightly bigger that can be milled down professionally?
Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Hey all! I purchased at PT 100 AFS .40 cal a couple years back. The gun shoots amazing and is pretty accurate, however, I wanted to make some upgrades to the sights. I have been looking everywhere to see if someone manufacturers dove-tail plate that will accept a red dot sight. I've been looking on EGW's website and haven't found anything quite right.
Has anybody done this before?
Is there a dovetail that is slightly bigger that can be milled down professionally?
Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!
I thought the 100 had fixed sights. Sorry I'm no help with your question.

·
Registered
17,726 Posts
I thought the 100 had fixed sights. Sorry I'm no help with your question.
They do. It's the 101 that has adjustable sights like the PT99 and from what I've seen discussed in here over the years, you're better off with the PT92/100 fixed sights. I own a PT99 and the rear sight on it is WAY too delicate. There used to be plenty of them on Gun Broker and almost every one had a broken rear sight.

·
Registered
14,180 Posts
They do. It's the 101 that has adjustable sights like the PT99 and from what I've seen discussed in here over the years, you're better off with the PT92/100 fixed sights. I own a PT99 and the rear sight on it is WAY too delicate. There used to be plenty of them on Gun Broker and almost every one had a broken rear sight.
I have a PT99 and the adjustable rear sight is still as snug as new. Now, if I am going to be totally transparent, up front and honest in full disclosure, I also have to admit that this same firearm has never been fired. Heck, it's so old it also doesn't have the de-cocker on it. But, the action of the slide is so butter smooth that it is unreal and hard to believe, Taurus once upon a time built such an awesome firearm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts