Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know where some can be bought or made? I think it was originally known as the PT-92 cf.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
First, Welcome Aboard, and Greetings from Ft Worth, Tx.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that model. I have a 92 and 917 that are interchangeable, so I would ask if you're sure those grips won't fit?? The other option, after the search function in this forum, I would suggest you find out the Beretta model designation and Google that. Hope that helps, good luck with that.

·
Banned
3,798 Posts
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

The only compact version I know of is marked PT 917C It looks like it will fit standard PT 92 grips only the barrel length has been changed. If that is true then Altamont grips would work and look great but you need to cheek this out.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Oops! I should've asked before, but what size mags does it take?? Do you know if they are the same mags as the regular PT92?? If so, then I would imagine that the frame/grip length is the same and would be compatible any other 92 grips.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
First, Welcome Aboard, and Greetings from Ft Worth, Tx.

Unfortunately, I'm not familiar with that model. I have a 92 and 917 that are interchangeable, so I would ask if you're sure those grips won't fit?? The other option, after the search function in this forum, I would suggest you find out the Beretta model designation and Google that. Hope that helps, good luck with that.
They won't fit a standard 92. If you look closely, the screw hole is very close to the bottom of the frame. Thanks for offering to help.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello from Piqua Ohio.

The only compact version I know of is marked PT 917C It looks like it will fit standard PT 92 grips only the barrel length has been changed. If that is true then Altamont grips would work and look great but you need to cheek this out.
Yeah, again if it would fit the 92, then it won't fit the 92 comtact, which I believe is also known as the PT-92 CF. I can tell you this, they fit the PT-58, but both are rare creatures in the grip world that I know of. Thanks for offering to help.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Yeah, again if it would fit the 92, then it won't fit the 92 comtact, which I believe is also known as the PT-92 CF. I can tell you this, they fit the PT-58, but both are rare creatures in the grip world that I know of. Thanks for offering to help.
Okay then, it looks to me like you can use the Beretta 92C grips, but might have to 'modify' them yourself for the safety/decocker. Looks like about $80 on OpticsPlanet. You might want to get a cheap set of Hogue's for a regular 92 and trim the bottom to fit. Again, look for the Beretta designation for the model 58 and see if those parts are still available. Most (all?) of the 92 based guns have a Beretta 'clone' and you might find parts interchangeable. Develop your Google-fu. :D

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
P.S.
I would prefer the 'bolt-on' options, but as a plan 'B', you could use a slip-on grip sleeve.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Oops! I should've asked before, but what size mags does it take?? Do you know if they are the same mags as the regular PT92?? If so, then I would imagine that the frame/grip length is the same and would be compatible any other 92 grips.
My pt92c takes a 13rd original Taurus mag but I'm in the process of buying 15rd Mecgar mags for the standard 92 because I can't get original mags without spending a fortune. I'm told they will just stick out of the bottom of the grip a little bit.I think the grips and the barrel have been shortened. My hands are not huge but my little finger still slides offf the bottom of the grip if I have the mag removed.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
My pt92c takes a 13rd original Taurus mag but I'm in the process of buying 15rd Mecgar mags for the standard 92 because I can't get original mags without spending a fortune. I'm told they will just stick out of the bottom of the grip a little bit.
Yep, I saw that also. From the little I researched, it seems you might have better luck at least for availability, though not $$, to find the Beretta mags and accessories. Based off what I've read about the full size 92, you can 'modify' the Beretta mags to work in Taurus.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay then, it looks to me like you can use the Beretta 92C grips, but might have to 'modify' them yourself for the safety/decocker. Looks like about $80 on OpticsPlanet. You might want to get a cheap set of Hogue's for a regular 92 and trim the bottom to fit. Again, look for the Beretta designation for the model 58 and see if those parts are still available. Most (all?) of the 92 based guns have a Beretta 'clone' and you might find parts interchangeable. Develop your Google-fu. :D
I was not born with the modifying gene. I will look into the Beretta option, though that did not work for the PT-58, which is a clone of another Beretta. Thanks again.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts