Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone own one of these?
I was looking to get one of these... how has yours been up to this point? Any problems?

thanks

·
Registered
15 Posts
I do not have a compact, but I have a 840 fullsize that has over 1500 rounds thru it without a single issue. 800 series guns seem to avoid bad press and reviews.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I do not have a compact, but I have a 840 fullsize that has over 1500 rounds thru it without a single issue. 800 series guns seem to avoid bad press and reviews.
I've not owned any of the 800 series in the Taurus lineup, but I'm like J_T, we rarely see complaints on this forum about the 800s.

·
Registered
478 Posts
I like the looks of the 809. I'll probably end up owning one.

·
Registered
232 Posts
I own a PT 809 and have had zero problems after approx. 800 rounds or so. I've considered buying an 809c to use as a CCW.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey there, I recently purchased an 809c ss at first I thought I was having problems with it shooting high but it just took some practice with the trigger, it's got a little different feel from the millenium series pistols. Over all it's a slick looking gun light and easily concealable, I experienced a few jams but then again I was experimenting with some really light reloads. Factory ammo fired fine and some 147 gr. XTP's being pushed by 4.3 grs. of Unique proved to be extremely accurate out of the little 3.5 inch barrel. I am very pleased with it, originally I bought it for concealed carry but it's such a good looking gun Im having a hard time taking it out of the box haha. All in all this gun is sweet and I look forward to putting alot of rounds through it, it's still new and I feel that with every round put through it, its a little closer to settling in and im a little closer to the bullseye.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
My PT840 performs flawlessly. The only issue I had was with bad primers but that’s not the gun's fault. However, with second strike capability I was able to fire off most of those rounds.

I'm guessing she has digested around a 1,000 rounds.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Just got the 845ss myself-I've only put 100 rds thru it so far but they were reloads from my local gunshop and I had zero problems with them. by the looks of it you can't go wrong with the recent 800's so I'd say the compact version would be a fine weapon. I'm thinking of getting the 809c myself for cc.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts