Taurus Firearm Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Super Moderator
40,709 Posts
You'd probably get it from Brazil, why don't you ask Taurus USA if they can import one for you.
They are around most are over priced. The one I have been watching is imported by Taurus Miami so it should be covered by warranty if needed. I have seen several other imports on gun broker lately but they look rough and most were missing the mags.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk - now Free

·
Registered
49 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Gentleman who I purchased my PT-940 from told me he had the full PT-900 series at one time. He still has a PT938 and a PT-58 which is more the .380 version of the PT-92 style pistol. Does anyone here have any experiance with the PT-58 .380 pistol. From what I can tell they are getting very difficult to locate. The one he has is unfired, NIB, Stainless and asking $350 for it. He is also offering the PT-938 for $300. I know that among the CCW crowd the .380 is often said to be too light of a load for PP. But, to be honest CCW is not the reason I would be buying it....more as a specality item.
Please feel free to lay any feedback you care to share.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I own a Taurus PT58 which is definitely a rare find. My experience is it's a very reliable weapon and I've never had a single issue with it. I carry it as a backup weapon. I had one several years ago and let it get away and I've spent nearly 20 yrs searching for another one which I finally found. All in I paid just over $500.00 and would do it again in a heartbeat. I've never been a fan of the stainless steel one however It's definitely not too light for PP (especially with hollow points). I feel just as confident carrying it as I do my SR9 (which is my primary carry) . It will soon become a collectors item so if you have an opportunity to get one at that price (even if it's stainless steel), I would definitely do it. Hope this helps. Door Gas Wood Metal Auto part

·
Supporting SuperModerator
15,567 Posts
I'm not sure how rare a PT 938C is but it does run 380 ACP and is made by Taurus. Here is a pic
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Everyday carry Gun accessory

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
168 Posts
I'm not sure how rare a PT 938C is but it does run 380 ACP and is made by Taurus. Here is a pic
View attachment 483015
At least here in Brazil, PT-938 is one of more common pistols, due the previous caliber restrictions. 380 ACP and .38 Special were the maximum allowed for civilian use up to 2019.

PT-938 is still the standard handgun for many Municipal Guards and private security firms, specially for bodyguard work.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts