Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to share 2 ideas I have had for Braztech firearms for quit some time. I was wondering since you have a Pt-22 and PT-25 if you guys have considered a .32 version of the gun in Polymer. I am an owner of the PT-22 PLY and have nothing but good things to say about that gun. However, I never carry rimfires for defense, centerfires only. I have always been a fan of the FMJ .32 acp for a easy to carry and control pocket pistol. I know Beretta Makes a Tomcat but I like the PT's much better. I have both and the Taurus feels better in the hand, has better sights, and a smoother trigger pull (no grit like the beretta).

The other gun I had in mind was a 6 shot .38 with a 3" barrel. 3" barrels are rare, and sadly so are concealable SIX shooters in .38 special. To me it would be the ideal gun for my personal carry. Just a thought, maybe you guys can play around with the ideas. I have faith that you guys could do quit well with them!

Thank You For Your Time,
Minotaurus

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
I own the 25PLY, PT25, and 732B (TCP pictured above) and beyond a doubt the 732B is the better self defense pistol because of the slide lock and "last round out" slide lock. Both of these features are very important for clearing malfunctions and tactical reloads.

I personally do not use the barrel tip feature on the 25PLY/PT25. Using it will instill the wrong response with malfunctions. It is very easy to flip the slide right off the frame of this pistol with the right malfunction if your immediate response is to activate the barrel lever. I manipulate the slide the same as I do any other semi-auto and I do carry this pistol for self defense in some situations.

With like barrel lengths, the 732B would offer a slight improvement in performance as it is uses a locked-breach barrel vs the blow back action of the 25PLY/PT25.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
I actually like the idea of a PT-32 as the OP suggested. I love the tip up barrel. I might buy a 732 if I could find one used, though.

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
Yes Sweet round that .32 is.... I do jacketed hollow point myself.....Been looking for a .32 Taurus aint been able to find one...Now I see why

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ya, I knew about the 732 but I already had a Kel-Tec P32 so didnt really want another gun of the type. I like the tip up barrels a lot. They are not only neat but easy to use. With any pistol we carry we must always practice, practice, practice. With practice we are familiar with our firearms and that means being able to properly deal with any malfunction.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Looks like the 732B was really just a .32 TCP in disguise. Taurus also used to make the PT-57 which was in .32 ACP carrying 12 rounds and came with walnut grips. Why they ever discontinued that one I'll never know! I've been looking for a PT-57 to add to my collection. Personnally, I think .32 ACP is a very good "compromise" round. It gives you better ballistics than the .22 and the .25, it can be a real "tack driver" in the right firearm, and doesn't have the blast and recoil of the .380 and larger rounds. Pistols can still be made very tiny for the caliber and quite concealable. These days, my most common concealed carry is a Taurus TCP .380, but if my clothes are tight or light weight in summer months, I sometimes carry a Kel-Tec P32. When I had to carry open, my .45 or my 9mm Glock was OK, but times have changed.

Anyway, I like the little PT-22 and PT-25. They are fun and they make me think of the little Berettas (minus the exposed hammer). I do like an exposed hammer and miss this feature. That was one of the best features on the old miniture Colts and Baby Brownings. Alas, I can live without it. At first I didn't really care for the 22PLY and the 25PLY, but I have grown to have an appreciation for them. For what they represent, the short barrel is OK. If Taurus could make a pistol chambered in .32 ACP and keep it near the size of the 25PLY they could have a real winner, especially if they can keep the round count up!

With newer ammunition headed our way there are many possibilities! I think in the next year or so we are going to see some hyper velocity non-lead frangible ammunition being tested down in the "mouse" calibers, but who knows if it will ever reach the market. It does offer the hope of some really fantastic terminal ballistics from very small calibers even if it doesn't penetrate all that well. The wound cavities produced should be awesome. We'll just have to wait and see.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Ahhh... a resurrected topic!

In that the PT57 was mentioned, Taurus also chambered the PT132 and PT132 Pro in 32 ACP. That is the Millennium and Millennium Pro, I own the later.

·
Premium Member
8,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
What I would ask the Wholesale Hunter about this auction is how many magazines are included with the PT132Pro. Replacements are non existent. What you will find are magazines for the PT132 but not the PT132Pro. I've spent a lot of time and money looking and most sellers do not know the difference and will insist that what they offer is good for the Pro but 99.999% of the time they are not. A good example of what I'm talking about is Wholesale Hunter themselves. They have a bunch of PT132 magazines on auction; what they picture is the PT132pro magazine which is a misrepresentation. Believe the text in the auction that it is for the PT132, not the Pro.

When the guns where sold, the came with three magazines. When a real PT132Pro magazine surfaces, might not see one in a year's time, it will sell for from $50 to $75!

·
Registered
206 Posts
I have been looking for a PT732 for a while without much luck. Have found Kel-Tecs and Tomcats but no Taurus. The idea of a tip up barrel is interesting too.

·
Registered
4,935 Posts
I would like to see Taurus' take on a full size pistol, lets say a barrel length of 4.5", in 10mm Auto. I really like the .40 S&W, but love the 10 x 25mm. Just my two cents worth.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts