Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi fellow taurus owners,

I just bought a new taurus pt 247 pro chambered in 9mm, i have not fired it yet. But i tried to put a blank rounds in it for dry firing. I wonder, when i tried to slide it back to eject the round, it doesnt slide back and it doest eject the round. Any ideas?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
First thing? Did you drop the blank rd, in the chamber then close the slide?? If you did, not good. Even dry fire rds, should be loaded from the magazine.

Is the slide locked in place, or just not extracting the rd? We could use a bit more information????

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi robby,

thanks for the reply, i did not drop the blank round. i put it exactly in the magazine and then cock it. the slide is in place, and it just not extracting it. and the slide wont slide back, it just stock in there.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Hmmm! Round is stuck in chamber, and you can move slide, but it is not extracting the rd.

But then you say slide will not move back?

I can not guess which is the problem? If the extractor is not pulling the rd, then it is a bad extractor, (or possibly a funky bad rd). If the slide is stuck in place, it is a totally different problem.

Either way, it would appear that you are in need of a repair that is beyond your capabilitys.

Have you fired the gun with live rds? Did it eject then.

Sometimes even some of my guns, will give me a problem extracting and ejecting dummy rds, or live rds when I am unloading the gun. They need more force than my hands provide in a manual operation.

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
A set of snap-caps I bought recently are tight in the chamber, so tight in one gun that I must use extra means to move the slide.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
I know of one member who had a similar problem and found that his keylock was partially engaged. Might not be a bad idea to check and make sure that the keylock is fully in the off position. JAT

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi guys,

i already managed to removed the blank rounds, but i wonder why the rounds is not ejected? and the slide wont slide back? i guess this is some extractor issue? and i have not fired any round with this gun yet.

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Is it pulling the rounds out of the chamber (extracting) but not ejecting them? For hand cycling that's not all that uncommon. It takes a pretty good bump on the extractor for them to actually send the rounds through the port. The slide staying back is another issue entirely. Try inserting an empty magazine and see if it locks back when you pull the slide firmly to the rear that way. If it doesn't lock back, try removing the magazine completely and hold the slide release up while pulling the slide back, and see if it locks back then. That will tell you if the slide release is working properly and it could just be the lip on the magazine not catching the stop when it comes up. A little smoothing on the magazine follower will usually cause it to rise a little higher in the mag and may solve the problem.

And you really need to shoot that thing to see if it's going to operate correctly. It's really hard to tell if they're working properly without subjecting the weapon to the forces that are present during actual firing and recoil. Taurus handguns require some break in, and the only way to break 'em in is to shoot them.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is it pulling the rounds out of the chamber (extracting) but not ejecting them? For hand cycling that's not all that uncommon. It takes a pretty good bump on the extractor for them to actually send the rounds through the port. The slide staying back is another issue entirely. Try inserting an empty magazine and see if it locks back when you pull the slide firmly to the rear that way. If it doesn't lock back, try removing the magazine completely and hold the slide release up while pulling the slide back, and see if it locks back then. That will tell you if the slide release is working properly and it could just be the lip on the magazine not catching the stop when it comes up. A little smoothing on the magazine follower will usually cause it to rise a little higher in the mag and may solve the problem.

And you really need to shoot that thing to see if it's going to operate correctly. It's really hard to tell if they're working properly without subjecting the weapon to the forces that are present during actual firing and recoil. Taurus handguns require some break in, and the only way to break 'em in is to shoot them.

Hi dbeardslee,

Yes i guess, my gun is ok. I think maybe i need to have a real recoil to spit the rounds out of the chamber and i just purchased this gun last thursday, and still not fired it yet. Yes i think so, The reason because, when i try to push the rounds outside the barrel with a stick and it spit it out correctly. How do i know if it is already break in? and how many rounds do you think that it will be break in?

·
Registered
12,331 Posts
Hi dbeardslee,

Yes i guess, my gun is ok. I think maybe i need to have a real recoil to spit the rounds out of the chamber and i just purchased this gun last thursday, and still not fired it yet. Yes i think so, The reason because, when i try to push the rounds outside the barrel with a stick and it spit it out correctly. How do i know if it is already break in? and how many rounds do you think that it will be break in?
IIRC the manual says 200 rounds, but I think 3-500 is closer to the truth. It just depends - some break in faster, some take longer. If you bought it you bought it new and haven't shot it, then it's definitely not broken in yet.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hi guys,

i already managed to removed the blank rounds, but i wonder why the rounds is not ejected? and the slide wont slide back? i guess this is some extractor issue? and i have not fired any round with this gun yet.
Eh......:what: I'm a bit perplexed. You keep saying the slide won't slide back. If the slide is jammed and won't move to the rear that's why it won't eject. And if the slide is stuck forward how are you getting it apart to push the rounds out with sticks? You also stated you bought the gun new last Thursday and asked how to tell if its broke in.:what: Is it brand new? Or used and new to you? Sir I recommend you have someone with experience check it out. They may be able to lead you down the right path with your problem.

I just can't help but feel like my chain is being tugged on.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I have gotten the feeling that Rahj is not a US citizen, and maybe some of our understanding of his problem, is his use of english.

Like others have said, the best way to find out if it works, AFTER A GOOD CLEANING AND REOIL, is to shoot it.

You may not have any problems at all!!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi guys,

Yes i bought it new, i called the store owner yesterday. and told me to at least fire it around 100 rounds from it. Yes im not a US citizen, im from the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Hello Rahj welcome to the sight.

If you are new shooter and have a range that you go to or know someone that is very familiar with firearms have them show you the basic functions of your semi-auto so you know how to operate it safely and correctly. You can certainly post your questions here as well. Fully understanding how the firearm functions will allow you to test it more thoroughly. I am assuming you may be a new shooter. If I am assumed incorrectly I apologize.

Anyway Good Luck

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Hello Rahj welcome to the sight.

If you are new shooter and have a range that you go to or know someone that is very familiar with firearms have them show you the basic functions of your semi-auto so you know how to operate it safely and correctly. You can certainly post your questions here as well. Fully understanding how the firearm functions will allow you to test it more thoroughly. I am assuming you may be a new shooter. If I am assumed incorrectly I apologize.

Anyway Good Luck
Hi,

Yes im new to shooting, but i already have some firearms in the past. I have a Ruger P345, and some pre American Colonial firearms like the US Company revolver and the classic colt 1911 and a Winchester .22 luger model 74. I actually dont have experience with taurus, i like it since it is polymer and a striker type but i like my Ruger p345 more. I plan to used it as my CCW here in the Philippines.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Ok well it sounds like you have some experience then LOL. The Ruger P345 is an excellent firearm. It sounds like the Taurus will be a good choice for CCW. How are the CCW laws in the Philippines? From what I understand it is a beautiful country but like any place has some dangerous areas.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ok well it sounds like you have some experience then LOL. The Ruger P345 is an excellent firearm. It sounds like the Taurus will be a good choice for CCW. How are the CCW laws in the Philippines? From what I understand it is a beautiful country but like any place has some dangerous areas.
Hi,

Yes Philippines indeed is a nice place, a spanish american type style culture. but same with any other countries also has some bad sides, like walking into a dark aisle in a midde of the night is really a dangerous move. Our laws here are pretty much the same with the US, only that bearing of arms is not a right but a priviledge. The CCW laws are ok, all guns here are legal in Full Auto / Semi Auto, in all type of caliber, except cruise missiles or anti tank weapons. NO Restrictions of how many Guns you own, and how many ammunitions you own and you can carry. The only restrictions is that, guns are not allowed for Open carry, brandishing of firearms and carrying a Firearm in a public establishments eg. Banks, Church, Malls. Most public establishments here has a Gun deposit Center, where you need to check in your guns at the door before entering the establshiment. The CCW permit is only valid for any type of Concealment.

·
Registered
8,797 Posts
I lived in the RP for 3.5 years (Baguio City) working in Benguet mines from 1975-79. Beautiful place and people.

Reactions: rahj

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I lived in the RP for 3.5 years (Baguio City) working in Benguet mines from 1975-79. Beautiful place and people.
Hi,

Yes, and also that is the darkest time of Philippine Democracy. That is the time of Marcos Dictatorship regime.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts