Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a Taurus PT-1911SS and it came with two eight round magazines and the problem I am having is when you pull the slide back and it locks in place you cant use your thumb to release the slide stop lever! I mean it is real tough,I have use my fore finger and hold it at a angle,,etc to get it to release. But if I use some USGI 7rd mags or chip mccormick mags it releases with no problem at all. Has anyone else had this problem too? Or am I only the chosen one to get the problem! Any info would be appreciated. Thanks Walter

·
Registered
60 Posts
you are using an empty mag? and trying to disengage the slide stop? it will be a bit tough because of the follower pressing against the slidestop, it is supposed to do that. why close the slide on an empty mag anyway?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Walterpowelljr ...

I also have noticed that with an empty mag or no mag, that the slide is noticeably hard to release. But this is also good ... I don't want to release the slide to slam down on an empty chamber. I just pull back on the slide alittle to bring pressure off the slide release and then the slide easily disengages.
When the slide locks back after emptying a mag, the slide easily releases after a new full mag is inserted and the gun is ready to go ... no fuss.

Shoot More, Worry Less ...
JD in Dallas

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hanzo said:
you are using an empty mag? and trying to disengage the slide stop? it will be a bit tough because of the follower pressing against the slidestop, it is supposed to do that. why close the slide on an empty mag anyway?
I was just trying to test the function of the slide release. I have not yet shot it. When any of my automatic pistols are empty I will use my other hand on the slide to give it resistance to keep it from slamming close but this one is the first 1911 I have owned that is tight! My colt 1911,norinco 1911,colt 1991, are not as hard to get the slide to release with a empty mag. I will get to the shooting range and get some rounds down range and see how she shoots! I do like it though. Looks nicely made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.