Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I already see jerks selling the G2 on armslist.com for $285.00. Brand new in box never shot. You have been warned.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
79 Posts
At the gun show I went to a couple of weeks ago the lowest price I saw was $239, and the highest was $325. Do your research before you buy! Looking at the pictures of the ones that have been going for the low $200s online, it seems that they are coming in a cardboard box instead of a plastic clamshell case. Can anyone confirm that? Do they still have two magazines?

·
Registered
10,614 Posts
Sounds underpriced to me. Caveat Emptor!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks for the heads up!!
At a gun shop in my area that I have visited a few time (curiosity), has a used one listed at $299!!! :eek:

·
Registered
208 Posts
At the gun show I went to a couple of weeks ago the lowest price I saw was $239, and the highest was $325. Do your research before you buy! Looking at the pictures of the ones that have been going for the low $200s online, it seems that they are coming in a cardboard box instead of a plastic clamshell case. Can anyone confirm that? Do they still have two magazines?
They are coming with two magazines.

·
Registered
618 Posts
They are coming with two magazines.
Armslist prices are usually near retail, so are most LGS prices. If I sell one of mine, it will be near the $300 range or used as near $300 trade value. Many people do not feel comfortable buying online, so they normally buy at their LGS or F2F sales. $285 for a PT111 M2 is way cheaper than many LGS prices, there's no BG check, and there's no state tax, so many see it as a better deal. Even I sometimes will buy via F2F sale when I know I can get a better price online because I do not want to wait for the gun to be shipped (impatient) and I do not have to go through a FFL. There's no Big Brother record or paper trail...

On another note, why is it okay for stores who sell for a profit perfectly acceptable, but others who do are "jerks?"

·
Registered
25 Posts
I already see jerks selling the G2 on armslist.com for $285.00. Brand new in box never shot. You have been warned.
Having just bought an 845 in a foamed hard shell, it raised my suspicions when I saw the sale priced PT-111 G2 appear to all come in orange cardboard. What does it mean? Seems like I read Taurus has at least an old Beretta factory and a Rossi factory in Brazil and another factory in Miami, Florida. I like the idea of having one at the new pricing myself; but, if it turned out to be Chinese or some worse backwater like Bangladesh or what's it where they are building the Lincoln Welders now, I think I'd have to pass. Straining brain ... I am not ready to go global with defensive firearm. So where are the less expensive Taurus models made? I remember blue cardboard boxes that both a defective 85 revolver and a very good 99AS had come in years ago.

·
Registered
618 Posts
Having just bought an 845 in a foamed hard shell, it raised my suspicions when I saw the sale priced PT-111 G2 appear to all come in orange cardboard. What does it mean? Seems like I read Taurus has at least an old Beretta factory and a Rossi factory in Brazil and another factory in Miami, Florida. I like the idea of having one at the new pricing myself; but, if it turned out to be Chinese or some worse backwater like Bangladesh or what's it where they are building the Lincoln Welders now, I think I'd have to pass. Straining brain ... I am not ready to go global with defensive firearm. So where are the less expensive Taurus models made? I remember blue cardboard boxes that both a defective 85 revolver and a very good 99AS had come in years ago.
Brazil...

·
Registered
718 Posts
Just had a buddys friend asking me if I had any 9mm to trade or sell (he's legit) and was trying to get me to sell my PT111G2 and just couldnt do it cause I know they are on sale for 199. I know he would have paid whatever I asked but thats just wrong. Hes the type that just doesnt like to wait. Anyway informed him of the deals going on and hes pronally wont jump on it but my conscense just wont let me.

·
Registered
2,513 Posts
The ones in the cardboard boxes are made in the same factory as the rest of that line. They are using the cardboard boxes as an even cheaper line, to offer better prices. Same guns, different packaging.

·
Registered
354 Posts
.....On another note, why is it okay for stores who sell for a profit perfectly acceptable, but others who do are "jerks?"
Probably because the "store" has overhead that must be paid for & included in the price of their product.

Reactions: Falstaff

·
Registered
306 Posts
Someone asked what the G2 comes with
2x mags, "Carry On" bags for keys, pistol and extra mag
Orange box, cardboard not plastic with foam.

untitled.png

Reactions: bigC

·
Registered
618 Posts
Probably because the "store" has overhead that must be paid for & included in the price of their product.
So? Sounds like a liberal way of thinking. Why wouldn't a private seller be able to make a profit? Even if a store has overhead, they are still making a profit regardless. What's unethical about selling a gun or what ever for profit to a will able bodied adult who's will to pay for it? I'm surprised to see this point of view coming from what I assume are conservatives.

·
Registered
354 Posts
So? Sounds like a liberal way of thinking. Why wouldn't a private seller be able to make a profit? Even if a store has overhead, they are still making a profit regardless. What's unethical about selling a gun or what ever for profit to a will able bodied adult who's will to pay for it? I'm surprised to see this point of view coming from what I assume are conservatives.
I don't think anyone here has a problem with someone making a profit. It's the gouging that goes on that leaves a bad taste in people's mouths. Oh, and I didn't read that anyone said it's "unethical", they're just saying that it stinks for a fellow shooter to buy a gun for $200 today & turn around & sell it for $350 the next day to another shooter. So don't get your shorts in a wad over it.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts