Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I shipped my Taurus pistol to their repaircenter on March 21, 2012, because the pistol has a jamming problem when youattempt to reload after the pistol was shot empty or when you first load thepistol. I have experienced two unintentionaldischarges with this pistol while trying to clear the jams and was extremelylucky no one was hurt either time.
I called their customer service onApril 2, 2012 to verify they received the pistol and was told their systemshowed a return address for my pistol of Mail & More in Palestine, TX, theshop I used to ship the pistol. I was toldto fax them a letter with my correct return address and a copy of my photo ID(driver’s license), which I did that same day. They were supposed to contact me with an estimated date the pistol wouldbe repaired and returned to me. I never hear from anyone.

I called their customer service number again on April 4, 2012 and left a message to please return my call, no one did.

I called again on April 5, 2012 and wastold the return address for my pistol had not been changed. I again faxed the letter and photo ID that same day. The customer service person promised to get my return address corrected and would get back to me by Monday April 9, 2012 with an estimated date the pistol would be repaired. To date I have not heard from anyone at Taurus.

I will never purchase another Taurus firearm and will never recommend their products to anyone.

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
Wow, that's weird that they would use the shipper's address if you had placed your information inside the box with the pistol. Did you coordinate the return with Taurus on the phone prior to shipping it in?

I believe, from reading the forum for a few years, that the best way to get an answer is to "bite the bullet" and set a time that you can just sit on hold until you can speak to a person rather than leaving a voice mail.

I've only had one contact with them for some replacement springs for my pistols which I wore out from usage. I got right through and got my springs within the week.

Good luck with your repair.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I put a letter inside the box containing my pistol with my home address, telephone number and email address. I called Tautus before shipping it to them on my nickel. At that time they would only say we will check it out and get back to you. I have called them 3 times, talked to 2 different "customer service reps??" Neither one ever got back to me to let me know if the rerurn address was corrected. I also faxed them 3 times but still no response from Taurus!!

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
The Customer Service people do NOT have access to the gunsmith's every time someone calls. They rely on the internal communications system to know when a gun is listed as repaired. As much as our "Instant Gratification" society seems to think that they are due an answer within minutes of a question, it's not possible, or even logical.

What model Taurus are you discussing? There's a great difference between a gun jamming, and discharging while clearing the jam. I would look to my manipulations for the cause of the firing, first, before blaming the gun.

Not enough information to draw any type of diagnosis. If, as it appears, all you want to do is vent, THAT has been achieved.

·
Registered
8,801 Posts
You can complete an RMA on line at Taurus web site. Put in your S/N, Model and problem along with all your address and contact info. I call first to talk with CS to discuss problem. If it's decided best to return for inspection, then complete the RMA form and ship pistol out using my FedEx account along with copy of the RMA. Fairly simple and straight forward. I shipped a 709 back for inspection (low/left problem) 4/13. It left Ft. Worth for Florida on the 14th 9:24AM - Expect in Miami either 4/16 or 17.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Sounds like a frustrating experience.

But, I'll give you a little counsel: don't bother with leaving messages on an answering system, just hang onto the line until you can speak with a live person. You'll get better results that way.

It has not yet been one month since you shipped the pistol to Taurus. Sometimes, these matters require a little time to work through the system. Last year, it took nearly two months for Taurus to make a determination on a TCP I had returned and they decided to replace the little sixteen-month-old pistol, free of charge.

Yes, I would have liked to gotten it back sooner...but at least they made me a happy Taurus guy. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
I hope you hear back soon on this. Sounds like the guys here have some good advice for you to. Hang in their my friend.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Try Lina at extension x229 or dial the operator "0" when the intro message sounds off and see if he or she can transfer you to her. I have called very frustrated but I try to be as neutral as possible. Working customer service anywhere is rough especially when folks are calling upset all day. Sometimes the sound of a non-hostile voice can get things done much more effectively. That has been my experience. Lina has been very helpful to me. I would call and definitely be ready for some que time. Don't bother leaving messages. Once you get a hold of her she will get it done for you.

As far as you experiencing with unintentional discharges when you are trying to clear jams, please be very careful. I have had various semi-autos (Other than Tauruses) jam on me especially when I was a new shooter. At that point I really didn't know enough to gage whether I caused the jams(limp wristing), or it was mechanical. I did not have experience clearing jams. I would always carefully put the gun down keeping the barrel pointed down range and got a range attendant. The range attendant cleared the jam(s) and after watching them enough times and asking questions I learned how to clear most jams myself. As I learned how to shoot properly the jams decreased to a bare minimum if any at all. In hind site most of the jams I experienced were probably caused more by my bad shooting technique at the time than the firearm. This is very subjective ofcourse and I am not implying you are fault. I am just sharing my experience. The most important point being if your handgun jams and you don't have experience clearing that type of jam, let someone with experience do it and show you how so you or know one else gets hurt. There is no shame in asking for help.

Best of luck!

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
Lots of good advice above, so I'll try to shed some light from the other side. My 24/7G2C-45 went back to Miami on 06 FEB for the FOURTH time, and on 12 APR I finally received a BRAND NEW replacement. YES, it can be a very frustrating experience, but they will make it right. I know you'd like to write-off the whole brand, based on this experience, but since you've already spent the money, please be patient. I'd wager that later on you'll realize that your Taurus is terrific. Please let us know more about the gun and the problem too. The collective knowledge around here can save lots of heartburn.

Reactions: MilProGuy

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
P.S.

Almost forgot ...

Welcome aboard, and Greetings from DFW, Tx. Sorry that you're having trouble, but we're happy to have you. ;)

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
Welcome to the site! While the folks here, including myself, are Taurus fans, there seems to be little to celebrate regarding customer service on the Taurus end. Having to ship back a new pistol on your own dime isn't right and not being able to get the correct customer address associated with the order is hard to understand. Miami needs to get their act together as this type negative press is very bad for their image. Hopefully, the current leadership's focus on customer service will translate into real-world results. It appears Taurus still has some work to do in this regard.

·
35,996 Posts
There's always two sides to every story.

We've heard one side.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
I agree with MilProGuy. I contacted Taurus CS several times in the last 2 years and I was very impressed. Taurus CS reps were nice and very helpful to me in those times. Taurus never replied to my letters, though, unlike Ruger but their phone response was great.

·
35,996 Posts
I agree with MilProGuy. I contacted Taurus CS several times in the last 2 years and I was very impressed. Taurus CS reps were nice and very helpful to me in those times. Taurus never replied to my letters, though, unlike Ruger but their phone response was great.
Yep, out of 13 Taurus handguns I've owned, I've only had to send two of them back (one for very minor repairs), and the entire process (both times) worked out ultimately to my advantage.

I wish my new Nissan Sentra carried the same warranty that my Taurus handguns carry.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
The bottom line is that complaining about Taurus products to Taurus enthusiasts is like a vegetarian complaining about serving beef at a steak house. You are probably not going to get anywhere except possibly rebuked. Your better of posting questions about your concerns here and mailing in your complaints directly to Taurus International. Not criticizing you just keeping it real.

Typically when I send a letter to Taurus I use FedEx ground. They definitely have a relationship with FedEx.

Here are some contact(s) and the address:

Mr. Robert Crescenzi
Customer Service Manager

Mr. Amaro DaSilva
Firearm Production and Repair Manager

Taurus International
16175 NW 49 AVE
MIAMI, FL 33014

PS. Letters through snail mail may be a little "old school', however they are great for documentation purposes especially if you request a signature upon receipt.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I really appreciated all your comments and suggestions. Iwill follow up with Taurus again. I really only need two questions answered; (1) Did they correct the return shipping address and (2) I travel and really needsome idea of when the pistol will be repaired. If that’s a month from now or 6months I don't care. I just need to know so I can be home when they return it.I shoot my Colt 1911's or my Para LTC 1911 because I could never trust the TaurusPT1911 to be reliable.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I really appreciated all your comments and suggestions. Iwill follow up with Taurus again. I really only need two questions answered; (1) Did they correct the return shipping address and (2) I travel and really needsome idea of when the pistol will be repaired. If that’s a month from now or 6months I don't care. I just need to know so I can be home when they return it.I shoot my Colt 1911's or my Para LTC 1911 because I could never trust the TaurusPT1911 to be reliable.
Judging by your last comment it's apparent that you have already made up your mind, hopefully Taurus will prove you wrong.

·
Super Moderator
21,624 Posts
I speak with CS on a constant basis and it takes time I normally just set the phone down on speaker while I work here . Once I get through I am 99% satisfied that the problem will be taken care of. I know its frustrating but its a big business and they handle guns from all over. I'm sure they will address your problem.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Brandy, they will make it right in the end. It may be a bit frustrating now, but I think you will find that they will fix it or replace it. Have a little patience and it will get resolved. I had to return a revolver three times but they replaced it. I would not lose confidence in the weapon until you have made an effort and it still let's you down. Sounds like preaching, but its my 2 cents...

·
Super Moderator
36,990 Posts
PS. Letters through snail mail may be a little "old school', however they are great for documentation purposes especially if you request a signature upon receipt.
I am with you 100% about this one! An old fashioned letter does a couple of things. 1) It demonstrates your sincerity about the issue and wanting to get it fixed. and 2) A written page delivered to a desk just sits there. It can't be deleted or erased...it just IS. The person whose desk it lands on has to deal with it, because you have a copy of it and even a return receipt if you went so far as to certify it.

The written word on a delivered page is a very powerful tool. ;)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts