Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 226 Posts

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Valued Taurus Customers:

It has come to my attention that our current system and policies regarding our sale or not selling of restricted parts has been a hot topic of discussion with forum members. First let me thank everyone for their respectful comments, suggestions, and offerings, and for trying to make our company a better company today than yesterday.

As the recent threads on this subject point out, there are many facets’ to such policies and many have significant cause and effect if altered. Our goals here are always to improve the customers experience and make sure we adapt, and realign with the customer’s needs and desires. This being said we are reviewing many options and ideas on how to create a better customer experience at the same time remaining within specific parameters that allow us to keep our prices where we feel they should be to remain competitive.

After reviewing our current restricted parts list, I indeed do agree we need to modify this list, and reduce the number of items we have listed as restricted. This being said we will also need to modify the way we sell and or ship said parts due to improper installation. Over the years Taurus has introduced into the marketplace hundreds of different models, and although this is good for the marketplace, it creates logistical challenges internally for many years to come.

Many questions need to be answered, and decisions need to be made for us to modify our current policy and really add value to our customers experience. This being said the Voice of the Customer is the one that we must never stop hearing.

We are asking for some assistance with this new policy change, and we would like to invite two members of this forum (non-moderators) to help. Taurus will handle travel arrangements, as well as costs incurred for two members to come meet with us here in Miami. We will be discussing this topic in depth, and will be working towards a policy that works better for everyone. Please help us help you.

In hopes this note finds you all well, and from everyone here we are thankful for your support.
Carry On.
Mark

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Very nice letter. At least Taurus is listening. I'd be happy to got as a rep....

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
Interesting. I got a call today from customer service in response to the
letter I sent Mr. Kresser regarding parts for my 24/7. Need to call them
back in the morning. Curious to see what they'll do for me.

All the Best,
D. White

Reactions: ozzy

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I would like to introduce the two members that have volunteered and been selected to participate in the discussions to revise Taurus's current policies. They are both members with a strong firearms background and gentlemen that will tell it like it is. Badge851 and Silverblackman. They will be heading to Miami to tell the gun owners side of the story and represent all of us here at TaurusArmed.net.

Please feel free to voice your opinions in this thread and give our guys some verbal ammo to work with! Also, I would again like the thank Taurus International and Mr. Mark Kresser for taking the time and the initiative to look at this issue from the gun owners perspective. His approach to this is both uncommon and without precedent.

I ask that you keep your comments positive and your suggestions constructive. We have a unique and very real opportunity to improve the after sale and aftermarket experience of our favorite firearms. So, give our guys as much to work with as you can!

·
Registered
10,022 Posts
What can I say except Taurus has an excellent CEO.

Congrats to the two that get to go on all our behalf.

Although I think there is good reason for the restricted parts, especially the internal parts, and although I dont know which parts are restricted because, knock on wood, ive never had a problem with my Taurus firearms, if there are springs of any kind on this restricted list I would lobby to have those removed. At some point Im sure those will be needed for replacement and Id hate to have to ship it in for a spring. That is my request.

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
1. Taurus needs to offer online shopping for one. This printing out an order form and faxing or mailing it in is for the birds. Taurus needs an e-commerce site worthy of its top-notch products.
2. Someone mentioned Taurus Logo Hats, Shirts, etc... I can set that up with a Florida based and family run business. One of their current customers is the Florida Lottery folks. Just send me a PM for more info.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
Wow. That is "owning the problem" in a big way. I have seen companies improve dramatically by engaging selected community representatives. I am very glad to see Taurus embrace this model, especially with support directly from the top. I am eager to see what comes from this.

Sent from my Nokia 925 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
JMO there shouldn't be any restricted parts period (frames excluded). Parts should be available via online website. If Taurus feels the need to reduce their warranty down to 1 year that would also be fine.

·
Registered
610 Posts
Now THIS is the kind of thing that keeps me bragging on the Taurus I have, and wanting to buy another. Luckily, haven't had to ever need parts, but with this CEO around, and this fine forum, I'm sure it'll get better. Go Taurus and TaurusArmed!

·
Registered
24,497 Posts
It is good to hear that Taurus USA is listening and I hope that we will see some realistic improvements

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Just about all of you know that I am a REVOLVER AFICIONADO. As such my recommendation is THE ONLY RESTRICTED PARTS for a revolver need to be the BARREL, CYLINDER, and FRAME.

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
Just about all of you know that I am a REVOLVER AFICIONADO. As such my recommendation is THE ONLY RESTRICTED PARTS for a revolver need to be the BARREL, CYLINDER, and FRAME.
The frame i can see why anything else i don't know, i guess we should wait to see what the majority of members and Taurus owners want. You are representing us members and Taurus owners aren't you.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
Just got off the phone from a lengthly conversation from Mr. Kresser. He was very candid and I really look forward to meeting him. I should know more later in the week & I'll post here.

·
Super Moderator
40,385 Posts
Glad they are listening and I understand their concerns on some parts. Go in with realistic expectations and I think we will come out with the best options.

I also think if they decide that some parts still need to be restricted then they will at least come up with a plan to get approved gunsmiths in as many areas as possible that they will send these restricted parts to.

·
Registered
6,973 Posts
The frame i can see why anything else i don't know, i guess we should wait to see what the majority of members and Taurus owners want. You are representing us members and Taurus owners aren't you.
I'm keeping a log of this thread; in order to convey ALL OF YOUR CONCERNS to Mr. Kresser.

·
Registered
37 Posts
The idea of online purchase of parts is good. There also needs to be some sort of clear cut list or definition of available parts. This would be helpful to prevent trying to obtain parts which cannot be obtained for whatever reason. In my case I was informed there was no use in speaking with the c.s. sup. as he would not allow me to purchase the parts in question. It proved otherwise, a situation that could have been avoided. The c.s. people are simply following guidelines. However,it is frustrating to be told if you attempt to replace the mainspring in your 1911 your warranty is void. Thanks to Mark Kresser for his hands on approach to this somewhat sensitive issue.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Kudos to Mr Kresser for not only listening, but taking it a step further and acting. It is items like this that will keep me a Taurus customer and also shut the anti Taurus people up that we have all encountered. I only wish I was knowledgeable enough to represent the folks on this forum (I am smart enough to know that I am not).

Badge851 and Silverblackman, enjoy your trip and represent us well, as I know you will. Bravo Zulu.

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
Give him a hearty handshake for me. Stand up guy!!

1 - 20 of 226 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.