Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this board by a google search, and I must admit, I've been reading posts for about a week and I'm glad I decided to join.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Welcome From Arizona.....mp3 :wave: Glad that you are here..look around and have fun

·
Registered
3 Posts
Greetings,
I found this blog by accident. I shoot a 6" Tracker .357 & carry concealed a .32 HR mag ultralight. I am contemplating a .44 Rem Mag Raging Bull in the 8 3/8" barrel for whitetail and hogs. !5 months ago I completely detached my rotator cuff, requiring surgical reconstruction and reattachment. Prior to that event I hunted with a .460 S&W 15" Encore.
Obviouisly, I'm a little recoil shy at the moment. I don't need to re-injure my rotator cuff. Any thougyts regarding the .44 Raging Bull's recoil?
DLD

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Welcome to Taurus Armed, glad you could join us. If you have any questions please feel free to ask.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Welcome from somepart of Geogia i live in. :)

·
32,481 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
Got to ask. Inquiring minds want to know. Actually, we haven't stooped as low as the National Inquirerer....yet. LOL

Do you own any Taurus stuff or are you browsing?

We've got a great bunch of people here who like to do nothing better than assist in any way.

And if needed, links can be brought up on a range of subjects.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have used Taurus pistols/revolvers for many many many (in excess of 15) years and I have never had a return.

There were times when I thought I would have to return a pistol/revolver, but I did what "I" thought to fix the problem, and it did fix the problem, and I'm good to go. I've had a CCW for more than 20 years, I was a sniper in the USMC for 20 years, a safety instructor for 15 years, and a ccw instructor for 5 years. I can personally tell you, 99.9% of the time, it's a "person" problem, not a handgun problem. I have taken guns that were about to be returned for warranty problems and fixed them almost instantly.

I would carry "any" taurus handgun/pistol "anywhere" in the world, I would bet my life on any of them... and if you did against me, you would be pushing daisies... trust me...... there are problems with any handgun/pistol...... most, almost 99 percent are "user" related........ don't cross me............ you won't win.... you will lose...... this goes for any handgun maker........ Taurus happens to be my favorite.

·
32,481 Posts
Glad to have you aboard.
Taurus and Rossi are carried daily and many trust their lives to them.

That can be stated about all the other gun companies as well.

Taurus/Rossi,Ruger, and now even S&W have come in for a thrashing when it's not warranted.

You kind of covered that all pretty much yourself in the above statements.
It isn't that things can't happen. It's the total disrespect of the people and there choices that gets danders up an should.

Trying to have a civilized banter on a Taurus thread at many gun forums is difficult at best without the local bully boys deciding to make it a sewer. The fact that the mangement of such places allows it is disturbing to say the least.

Having this little haven to be at peace and be able to have substantive conversation is a must. Staff and members try to provide that.

So welcome again.

There are many vets here as well.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Welcome from South Carolina!

·
Administrator
39,387 Posts
Welcome from West Texas! :wave:

As stated above, this is the place for civilized Taurus product discussions. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
mp3mogul, welcome to Taurus Armed from VEGAS!

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks everyone, looks like I found a new home!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts