Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the forum and looking for some information. Has anyone tried the OSS in 9mm or the 40 cal. yet? I noticed it is listed as just released and was thinking about buying one. Not sure which one. I really like the feel and looks of the OSS in 45. Great forum! Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Welcome to the board!

I don't have an OSS but I'm sure someone will
be along to give you an answer.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I own a Taurus OSS in 40 S&W

Since most of my guns were purchased during the ban period, I wanted a couple guns with higher capacity. I chose a S&W M&P in 9mm and then selected the OSS in 40. I would lean towards the 40 - especially in the OSS with a 5 inch barrel.

At this point, I am shooting much better with the M&P - which came as a shock as it is double action. I think the OSS will be fine; however, the gun simply shoots low and left. This is a common complaint on many of the 24/7 guns. I am replacing the stock sights with William's fire sights and expect my accuracy to pick up.

The OSS is a solid gun and seems well made. However, we had to move the rear sight to the far right to stop shooting left. The gun shoots straight, but still low. I am looking forward to putting on the new sights ($35). If these work, I think I will be happy. If I had to pick only one gun at this point, I would have to choose the M&P. It's a little more expensive, but I simply love the gun. Others may feel differently.

Please note that the guy I shoot with is a competitive shooter - low and left for him. I understand the party line is that Taurus sights are meant to be shot "dead on" and not at 6 oclock. Dead on low every time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts