Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Topic title says it all folks. ;D

Also, does anyone know if they plan on using Melonite for their finish on the OSS and 24/7 Pro?

-Vincent

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Don't know about your questions but welcome from Minnesota. Hopefully someone will chime in and have an aswer for you.

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
No clue whatsoever...sorry.

I'd much rather see a Tenifer finish such as on the Glock and the soon to be released 800 series.
Melonite shows much more holster wear over time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Talked to Taurus today about another matter but did mention that I love my 24/7 OSS LS "Long Slide" version so far and asked about the "Standard version which has the shorter barrel. They said they only released the Long Slide version to the market and I didn't ask if or when the Standard version was due.

I can say that the 24/7 OSS LS DS is one very accurate firearm, I put 300 plus rounds down range today on it's first outing and zero issues, ran like a champ and ate everything I fed it from WWB, Speer Lawman 230grs FMJ to reloads with 185/200grs HP and FMJ rounds. It has a very short trigger reset making double taps easy. It has all the features I wanted in a firearm, match grade barrel .45 ACP high round count, single action/double action, cock n lock with decocker and also a striker cocked red tab feature in the rear of the slide letting you know it's ready for single action.

Whenever they release the Standard version, I'll have to get one of those to go with my Long Slide version.

Robert

·
Registered
53 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
No clue whatsoever...sorry.

I'd much rather see a Tenifer finish such as on the Glock and the soon to be released 800 series.
Melonite shows much more holster wear over time.
The OSS slide is Tenifer treated.

·
Registered
53 Posts
gringle84 said:
Talked to Taurus today about another matter but did mention that I love my 24/7 OSS LS "Long Slide" version so far and asked about the "Standard version which has the shorter barrel. They said they only released the Long Slide version to the market and I didn't ask if or when the Standard version was due.

I can say that the 24/7 OSS LS DS is one very accurate firearm, I put 300 plus rounds down range today on it's first outing and zero issues, ran like a champ and ate everything I fed it from WWB, Speer Lawman 230grs FMJ to reloads with 185/200grs HP and FMJ rounds. It has a very short trigger reset making double taps easy. It has all the features I wanted in a firearm, match grade barrel .45 ACP high round count, single action/double action, cock n lock with decocker and also a striker cocked red tab feature in the rear of the slide letting you know it's ready for single action.

Whenever they release the Standard version, I'll have to get one of those to go with my Long Slide version.

Robert
The 4.2" barrel version is available in some gun shops. Search this forum. Just a few days someone answered the same question that I asked.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts