Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used the Taurus Online Chat on their website today to ask some questions about my Tracker that is in for repair because the repair status site was not working. I talked with Susan and she was timely, polite, and helpful. The whole process was quick and easy to use. I've been pretty down on Taurus lately due to the issues I've had with this gun (not the first time its been to Miami) but I am pleased to report that, unlike my Tracker, Online Chat works very well and I received first rate customer service.

Well done Taurus!

·
Registered
1,543 Posts
Good to know. I to talked to Susan just to see how the system worked. I inquired about my gun not showing in the serial look up. Did she happen to ask you to not have a loaded weapon on you while having a chat with her?

Reactions: jamain

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I to talked to Susan just to see how the system worked. I inquired about my gun not showing in the serial look up. Did she happen to ask you to not have a loaded weapon on you while having a chat with her?
No, she didn't. I remember reading in a thread where someone was asked that question, I'm guessing it was you. I'd like to know what prompts them to ask that question. Someone should probably tell them that no matter how angry a customer gets, that its not possible to fire into the customer service center via the internet.

·
Registered
6,530 Posts
No, she didn't. I remember reading in a thread where someone was asked that question, I'm guessing it was you. I'd like to know what prompts them to ask that question. Someone should probably tell them that no matter how angry a customer gets, that its not possible to fire into the customer service center via the internet.
They are probably more affraid of someone fiddling with their fireram, while talking to customer service and having an accidental discharge, possible causing injury to the person who is contacting customer service through the chat line. More than likely advise from the lawyers.

·
Banned
655 Posts
I noticed when I sent my Tracker in for tuning the status updates lagged quite a bit, but in the end it took about a week to do the job.

Anyway, best of luck on your gun, my guess is that they'll get it fixed up and back to you before you know it, but I understand the anticipation is killer!

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They are probably more affraid of someone fiddling with their fireram, while talking to customer service and having an accidental discharge, possible causing injury to the person who is contacting customer service through the chat line. More than likely advise from the lawyers.
That's what I'm guessing as well.

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I noticed when I sent my Tracker in for tuning the status updates lagged quite a bit, but in the end it took about a week to do the job.

Anyway, best of luck on your gun, my guess is that they'll get it fixed up and back to you before you know it, but I understand the anticipation is killer!
The last time they fixed this gun, the repair status never moved past received and then it just showed up.

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
OR??
Possibally they worked at Glock Chat before going to work at Taurus and wanted to make sure before the caller holstered/ unholstered their gun.----:D

·
Registered
20,085 Posts
Hey - when y'all are on the computer I want to see both hands on the keyboard! :eek:

Reactions: jwc007

·
Administrator
39,518 Posts
I tried this out last night for myself. I don't have an issue, but would like a spare captive recoil spring for my PT145. I got Susan too. And no she didn't ask me about my firearms condition.

But for anyone interested, three of the four pieces of this spring are available. The larger portion of the rod is on back order. So, one could probably repair a broken one, if need be. Two springs, large and small portion of the rod itself. Apparently sold individually, or complete assembly.

I asked if I could be notified when the backordered part arrived, and she said they don't have such a notification in place at the moment. Checking back was recommended.

This was quick and easy, polite and helpful. I'll check back often, and maybe get that spare in due time.

·
Administrator
17,696 Posts
I went to Taurus Chat today and got my order (April 2014) for my two spare PT709 Magazines processed by Susan today. Hope to see them in the requisite 7 - 10 business days.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Have you noticed that everyone that has mentioned the people they chat with at Taurus are named Susan? I have had the same experience.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've talked to a couple that weren't Susan...one was Marsiella?...and another whom's name I forgot just as I started typing, ��

·
Registered
36,115 Posts
Have you noticed that everyone that has mentioned the people they chat with at Taurus are named Susan? I have had the same experience.
Maybe its like the guys (Darrel, Darrel, an Darrel) on the old Bob Newhart show!
Here is Susan and that's her sister Susan, and her is her other sister Susan!

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Maybe its like the guys (Darrel, Darrel, an Darrel) on the old Bob Newhart show!
Here is Susan and that's her sister Susan, and her is her other sister Susan!
And I go Susan again today. I call the help line for another product and always talk to "Jim". Everyone in that foreign country must be Jim.

·
Registered
8,795 Posts
I spent 45 minutes on chat with Massiel trying to get spare parts for the 740 8rd. mags in an attempt to convert some of my 709 mags to 9 rds. - no parts in stock nor complete mags; did get a spare recoil spring for my 24/7PRO LS DS; (3) slide cap for my 24/7CA (same as all 24/7's G1) I buggered up awhile back; (3) ea. 24/7 mag sleeves for 9 & 40; and a set of Mother of Pearl grips for PT92 or 99 or 100 - probably my TuTone will get them - would have ordered rosewood too but they were on backorder. Did learn that if you bugger up the firing pin retainer plastic piece - you are definitely screwed - they will not ship as restricted item - makes absolutely no sense, but they were adamant that gun had to be returned for that little piece of push in plastic. Over all a pleasant experience and was relieved to find that Massiel was a lovely sounding female when she called for my credit card info. So my wallet is $75 emptier (including shipping). Now have my fingers crossed that all is correct when received. LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts