Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just turned on "Shooting Gallery" on Outdoor Channel. The show is about the Taurus factory in Brazil.

·
Super Moderator
40,391 Posts
Just finished watching it now. Very interesting. I like the comment at the end. It's not just a factory it's a city! Or some thing like that. :D

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
Did anyone else notice the carbine that looked like it took AR15 mags and had a folding stock? ..... i want...

·
Registered
432 Posts
I didn't get to see it... can anyone maybe post it as a video or something?

·
Registered
29,845 Posts
Unfortunately Taurus, like Glock and and number of other international gun companies make a lot of really neat guns, that for whatever reasons, are not marketed in the USA.

I just want them to get the semiauto carbine version on that neat submachine gun up in going for the promised US sales.

I'm not a big Michael Bane fane, as I feel middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings should be backing up Captain Jack Sparrow in the movies instead of promoting the shooting industry.

Overall the program was pretty good; I only wish they'd shown a few more hand gun models in detail.

·
Registered
10,781 Posts
Is there anything, or anyone, that somebody doesn't have a problem with? FYI, there is probably a comfortable majority of "middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings" out there at the ranges all over the world. They should, on fact, be REQUIRED to "represent the gun industry", in the interests of fairness.

Taurus makes a boat-load of different models of guns. Many are simply the same guns in calibers legal to own in various countries. Import-Export restrictions on guns coming into America are changed more often than some people's underwear. BATFE, that paragon of consistency, is famous for altering written opinions without cause, leaving a company with stock on hand that is illegal to dispose of.

I'm also remembering the comments on the "bewildering number of models" that Taurus has cataloged for sale here. Can't have it both ways.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
I enjoyed the show. My wife and I watched it this morning.

It helped me in justifying my recent Judge Ultralight purchase. :D

·
Registered
5,279 Posts
as I feel middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings should be backing up Captain Jack Sparrow in the movies instead of promoting the shooting industry.
Dang, what did I ever do to you?? *grin* Cause that's not a bad description of me.

Sarge

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
...I feel middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings should be backing up Captain Jack Sparrow in the movies instead of promoting the shooting industry.

Hey, all kinds of folks like Taurus handguns!

Just sayin'. ;)

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Watched it. I thought the comments about focusing on customer service were interesting. If Taurus can turn that image around, their sales will go through the roof. An aside. I was in BassPro yesterday and heard the guy behind the firearms counter tell a customer to stay away from Taurus. He must not have heard about the problems that Glock and Kimber have had because he didn't tell the customer to stay away from them. I bit my tounge and walked away.

·
Registered
34,138 Posts
I've been to the gun counter at Bass Pro in Spanish Fort, Alabama near Mobile, and the guys behind the counter there couldn't even answer the most basic gun related questions. All he could do was repeat a bunch of canned phrases that someone taught him. I just shook my head and walked away.

·
Registered
14,713 Posts
I was in BassPro yesterday and heard the guy behind the firearms counter tell a customer to stay away from Taurus.
I hate that. All I want the person behind the gun counter to do is explain the features of the weapon that I'm looking at if I ask. If I don't ask for their personal opinion they shouldn't offer it.

·
Registered
432 Posts
I was in my LGS today and they love Taurus (prices do not reflect this tho), but they love Ruger more since they are a Davidsons reseller and their bread and butter is Ruger, they also offered me a P95 NIB for $305 OTD and a Ruger LC9 NIB that was marked $295(I almost bought that one too) the best they could do on a Taurus PT809 was $497 OTD but it did have 2 extra mags and a pacmyr grip sleeve and a holster(not sure what kind of holster) but I am going back this week to pick up my new Ruger P95 which I put on layaway...Don't get me wrong I would have chosen the Taurus had they not priced me out of it and walked me buy about 15 different Ruger's that all were priced below MSRP....These people need to learn how to not be bias like you guys... I also wish I could have seen this show you are referring to...

I want to add too that they had a PT145 and a PT945 both were NIB and the same price at $315 OTD I almost bought one of those til they skipped over everything else right to the Ruger display... Something else bothered me about all the LGS here none of them had any 9mm versions of anything all they seem to carry is 45 ACP and those little 380. pistols and I saw a dozon 1911 22LR models (including Para, Taurus, S&W, and Chiappa)

On a side note the Gun Salesman "Eddy" was a 58 yrold chubby white guy with earings in both ears and he had a "Super Mullet" lol

·
Registered
7,241 Posts
Since I'm close, have to ask. what was the LGS?

·
Moderator in Memorium 1940-2014
13,540 Posts
Kaiged, I'd say you missed a bargain.
If that PT945 was NIB, $315.00 OTD was a killer price - one that could probably turn you a profit if you ever decided to sell it.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Unfortunately Taurus, like Glock and and number of other international gun companies make a lot of really neat guns, that for whatever reasons, are not marketed in the USA.

I just want them to get the semiauto carbine version on that neat submachine gun up in going for the promised US sales.

I'm not a big Michael Bane fane, as I feel middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings should be backing up Captain Jack Sparrow in the movies instead of promoting the shooting industry.

Overall the program was pretty good; I only wish they'd shown a few more hand gun models in detail.
I wonder how many middle aged over weight white guys with ear rings enjoy parrots drinking margaritas?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts