Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus has a new limited lifetime warranty! They listened to us, their customers!

"Taurus customers will be pleased to learn the following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty: Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers."

"Customer satisfaction is the ultimate objective in the Taurus mission to provide safe and reliable firearms for personal defense, competition, or recreational shooting," said Taurus President and CEO David Blenker. "Our new Limited Lifetime Warranty backs that mission and ensures confidence in Taurus customers that the company will always stand behind its products and its consumers."

Mr. David Blenker indeed "has our back!" All we need to do is be sure to activate our registration within 30 days of purchase by calling Taurus at (800) 327-3776 or online at https://warranty.taurususa.com

The new limited lifetime warranty applies to the original purchaser and warrants..."that the firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship, and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm."

This information was released today, March 1, 2019 here:
https://www.theoutdoorwire.com/releases/a5bdc036-2064-4cd3-a8ac-83deddfb8e97

·
Registered
534 Posts
Taurus® Limited Lifetime Warranty.

This now covers owner's of "Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers." What about the 1911 Government owners? I've got a railed PT1911 in stainless. Am I chopped liver to the Taurus folk?

·
Premium Member
11,247 Posts
Taurus reintroduces a lifetime warranty

Got an email today that stated Taurus was introducing a limited lifetime warranty for the original purchaser of the firearm. The warranty required registering the firearm on their website.

https://warranty.taurususa.com/

A lot of stuff is still only covered for a year, and the warranty is null and void if the firearm is sold.

Reactions: darbo

·
Super Moderator
35,466 Posts
A step forward! My new TH9C is covered, but I don't see my old 85UL on there or my 605 Poly. But, it's a good thing they're covering some firearms. :D

I think they've set it up, though, were you CAN'T register online. It won't take my date of purchase no matter how I try to enter it. Odd.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sekol- they must have read your poll ;)

I'm back baby!

Thanks CJS

Reactions: Sekol

·
Registered
901 Posts
Sekol- it all came about from your poll ;)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Taurus lifetime warranty is back!

Just got an email today from them!

"We are excited to announce the implementation of the new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty. In developing this policy, we incorporated feedback received from our dedicated handgun owners and enthusiasts, based on what they wanted to see in a handgun warranty. Our customers will be pleased to learn the following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:

Taurus G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum, Raging Hunter, 856, and 692 revolvers.

The new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty policy warrants to the original purchaser that the firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship, and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the firearm upon successful and timely warranty activation and is not transferable to subsequent firearm owners. To activate this warranty, original purchasers must complete the warranty registration process online at https://warranty.taurususa.com or call Taurus at (800) 327-3776 within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If activation of the Limited Lifetime Warranty does not take place, a one-year warranty will be in effect.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty. No further action is required, except retaining the original purchase receipt for future warranty services."

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
228 Posts
Update of warranty from taurus

Just received this via email:

We are excited to announce the implementation of the new Taurus® Limited Lifetime Warranty. In developing this policy, we incorporated feedback received from our dedicated handgun owners and enthusiasts, based on what they wanted to see in a handgun warranty. Our customers will be pleased to learn the following Taurus handguns, previously covered under a one-year warranty, will now be covered under a Limited Lifetime Warranty:

Taurus® G2c, G2s, TH series, Taurus TX22, 1911 Commander, 1911 Officer, Taurus Spectrum®, Raging Hunter®, 856, and 692 revolvers.

The new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty policy warrants to the original purchaser that the firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship, and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the firearm upon successful and timely warranty activation and is not transferable to subsequent firearm owners. To activate this warranty, original purchasers must complete the warranty registration process online at https://warranty.taurususa.com or call Taurus at (800) 327-3776 within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If activation of the Limited Lifetime Warranty does not take place, a one-year warranty will be in effect.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty. No further action is required, except retaining the original purchase receipt for future warranty services.

·
Registered
159 Posts
New Taurus Lifetime Warranty makes no sense.

I just received a notification that Taurus is implementing a limited Lifetime Warranty. Here is some of the wording,

"The new Taurus Limited Lifetime Warranty policy warrants to the original purchaser that the firearm was made free of defects in material, function, and workmanship, and promises that Taurus will remedy any defect in material, function, or workmanship for the entire time the original purchaser owns the firearm. This warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the firearm upon successful and timely warranty activation and is not transferable to subsequent firearm owners. To activate this warranty, original purchasers must complete the warranty registration process online at https://warranty.taurususa.com or call Taurus at (800) 327-3776 within thirty (30) days of the purchase date. If activation of the Limited Lifetime Warranty does not take place, a one-year warranty will be in effect.

Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty. No further action is required, except retaining the original purchase receipt for future warranty services."

So let me get this straight, to activate the lifetime warranty, you must register your new gun (bought within 30 days of purchase) or your gun will only be warranted for one year. However, an (o)riginal purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty (which is all Taurus firearms) are already covered (perhaps they meant all Taurus firearms still under warranty, but that is not very clear). Mandatory warranty registration is on shaky ground legally, so it appears they are trying to circumvent the law by presenting their lifetime warranty as an extended warranty separate to their 1 year warranty, however the fact they will be covering past firearms with the lifetime warranty without registration, brings the whole scheme under question. Taurus, it's not that hard. All firearms past and future should have a lifetime warranty to the original buyer, with all firearms accepted for the first year after purchase no questions asked. After one year warranty repairs will be accepted on a case by case basis, and can be voided, or prorated by abuse.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I do believe that the limited part may apply to the original owner only...my old and venerable PT58 that I bought previously owned was completely rebuilt by Taurus under the "old style" warranty...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Did your 1911 originally have a lifetime warranty?

Reactions: confused

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The one year warranty from Taurus applies to recent firearm purchases. Prior to the implementation of the 1 year warranty (which I believe occurred during 2018, I think), there was a lifetime warranty on Taurus firearm purchases. Those firearms purchased with a lifetime warranty STILL have that lifetime warranty. The new Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to those firearms that were purchased with a 1 year warranty, so in other words the new limited lifetime warranty extends the one year warranty received with recent Taurus firearm purchases...

·
Registered
994 Posts
When I bought my G2C, I don't remember seeing anything about having to register the warranty within 30 days. I did see that I needed a proof of purchase to have the warranty honored.

I didn't register it. So, I guess I'm out of luck being covered by the new Lifetime "in the hands of the original owner" warranty.

Reactions: leadcounsel

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
A step forward! My new TH9C is covered, but I don't see my old 85UL on there or my 605 Poly. But, it's a good thing they're covering some firearms. :D

I think they've set it up, though, were you CAN'T register online. It won't take my date of purchase no matter how I try to enter it. Odd.
NT, and others:

The one year warranty from Taurus applies to recent firearm purchases. Prior to the implementation of the 1 year warranty (which I believe occurred during 2018, I think), there was a lifetime warranty on Taurus firearm purchases. Those firearms purchased with a lifetime warranty STILL have that lifetime warranty. The new Limited Lifetime Warranty applies to those firearms that were purchased with a 1 year warranty, so in other words the new limited lifetime warranty extends the one year warranty received with recent Taurus firearm purchases...

If you can't compete the warranty on line, call Taurus Customer Service at 1 (800) 327-3776

Reactions: GhostHorse

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, this is great news!

Reactions: olfarhors

·
Registered
305 Posts
Original purchasers of a Taurus firearm covered by a one-year warranty will be pleased to learn their firearm will be covered under this new Limited Lifetime Warranty. No further action is required, except retaining the original purchase receipt for future warranty services.

I'm pretty sure we're good, even if we didn't register. I believe they mean for new purchases.

I'm stoked that Taurus is really doing it. They're trying hard to turn their rep around, and this is a YOOGE step in the right direction. 🙂 My experience with service and parts a couple months ago was stellar, sending me a new guiderod for the G2C for free.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts