Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is there anyone out there that might know where I would be able to purchase a;
Taurus Model PT709 Slim Trigger Assembly,Locking Block,Slide Stop PT-709 Trigger
I need a replacement and cant seem to find any options available for purchase anywhere!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Hello,

Is there anyone out there that might know where I would be able to purchase a;
Taurus Model PT709 Slim Trigger Assembly,Locking Block,Slide Stop PT-709 Trigger
I need a replacement and cant seem to find any options available for purchase anywhere!
I have a 709, and have put a Keep Tinkering Trigger in Mine ( DA/SA )the bottom needs to be cleaned up to sweep correctly, you will like the results , Im not sure what you are talking about the locking block? pictures would help,

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a 709, and have put a Keep Tinkering Trigger in Mine ( DA/SA )the bottom needs to be cleaned up to sweep correctly, you will like the results , Im not sure what you are talking about the locking block? pictures would help,
Ty for responding to my question, here is a picture of the unit I am looking for. I've looked everywhere and non are on the market for purchase.

Attachments

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ty for responding to my question, here is a picture of the unit I am looking for. I've looked everywhere and non are on the market for purchase.
the 709 and the G series are the same, they Have the Internals, with the exception of the slide release lever, you May be able to get the Parts on Gun Broker, I dont know if you have tried, what is wrong with that one? if you dont mind me asking?

·
Registered
37,586 Posts
Finding original parts for a Taurus weapon is pretty much like trying to find Chevy Vega parts!
With the manufacture refusing to sale many parts (if any) and then you have an older weapon that been discontinued don't look real good, at least not an easy real good.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the 709 and the G series are the same, they Have the Internals, with the exception of the slide release lever, you May be able to get the Parts on Gun Broker, I dont know if you have tried, what is wrong with that one? if you dont mind me asking?
The Mag release tab got caught on a strap & a friend of mine yanked it off and twisted the release tab and marred the central internal block now it has a difficult time releasing the mag and the slide malfunctions now from time to time and gets stuck. I have already replaced the mag release tab but it still is giving me issues as I am sure he twerked something inside the central block.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
This is expensive, but.....

Ty, I loaded the URL but the item sold I guess, bummer!
It is next to impossible for me to find and I cannot make sense that Taurus would leave their customers hanging like this, which sucks & is very frustrating!!

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ty, I loaded the URL but the item sold I guess, bummer!
It is next to impossible for me to find and I cannot make sense that Taurus would leave their customers hanging like this, which sucks & is very frustrating!!
The Mag release tab got caught on a strap & a friend of mine yanked it off and twisted the release tab and marred the central internal block now it has a difficult time releasing the mag and the slide malfunctions now from time to time and gets stuck. I have already replaced the mag release tab but it still is giving me issues as I am sure he twerked something inside the central block.
Can it be Straightened? or polished out? I know that Parts are hard to come by , I only paid 179.00 for mine when is was new , so yes 250. for an incomplete fire arm is not an option , a buck fifty maybe , try using 800 -1200 sand paper to polish it out and look to see where it Maybe sticking , if you could see it under a Magnifying glass that helps , the Mag release has nothing to do with the Trigger assembly or cental Block assembly unless the frame is cracked, I'm thinking you mean the slide release , is the spring inside for the slide release bent ? or too bent the wrong direction? is the catch where the slide release tab catches the slide assembly bent or distorted? we will figure this out don't fret ,

·
Vendor
166 Posts
This is a listing for a central block:

Do you have any pictures? That block is cast and the slide release is stamped steel... Unless there was enough of a twist to break the central block, I would think you tweak the slide release back, clean up any surface maring, and get it all working properly again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ty for all of the insight on this issue I am facing, all of your comments and suggestions are extremely appreciated and helpful, this is a awesome forum!
I had tried to sand but was concerned that I may take to much material off and make it worst, I am not currently in my state so I don't have the gun with me at the moment but I will post a picture as soon as I have the unit in front of me again. Correction it isn't the magazine release, it is the LRHO level that got bent forward, & after I found a replacement and installed it after i had done some light sanding and polish it was ok until I fired it, that's when the issues started up. I just purchased a PT111 9mm central block and will see if that ends up fitting when I get back state side, hopefully!
The original housing doesn't seem to have been bent but definitely has been marred up and I did make my best attempt to get it as smooth as possible but because of were the marring occurred inside of the block it is very difficult to get the sand paper deep enough inside and still be able to see what I am actually sanding. At this point Id just like to replace the part as I don't feel like I can truly trust this gun with my life so that is my reasoning for trying to find the replacement central housing.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Ty for all of the insight on this issue I am facing, all of your comments and suggestions are extremely appreciated and helpful, this is a awesome forum!
I had tried to sand but was concerned that I may take to much material off and make it worst, I am not currently in my state so I don't have the gun with me at the moment but I will post a picture as soon as I have the unit in front of me again. Correction it isn't the magazine release, it is the LRHO level that got bent forward, & after I found a replacement and installed it after i had done some light sanding and polish it was ok until I fired it, that's when the issues started up. I just purchased a PT111 9mm central block and will see if that ends up fitting when I get back state side, hopefully!
The original housing doesn't seem to have been bent but definitely has been marred up and I did make my best attempt to get it as smooth as possible but because of were the marring occurred inside of the block it is very difficult to get the sand paper deep enough inside and still be able to see what I am actually sanding. At this point Id just like to replace the part as I don't feel like I can truly trust this gun with my life so that is my reasoning for trying to find the replacement central housing.
I have used a tooth pick, wrap a small piece of sand paper around the Tooth pick, works well, used it to smooth out my sear block on my GX4 , Good luck , let me know how it comes out ,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts