Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guess what my buddy picked up...a Excellent plus condition Model 85 38spl. Shiny stainless ...pre lock extended wooden grips 2.25 inch barrel...tight as new ...I'm trying to trade him out of it ..but I have had zero luck....seems his wifie is very happy with it....and I can see why...

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Sounds like a good find, you did tell him how crappy Taurus is right! :D

·
Banned
9,233 Posts
Yep, I had one like that with a bobbed hammer. It's with one of my best buddies now so I still get to shoot it once in a while.

·
Registered
4,530 Posts
Nice, I miss those old wood handles

Reactions: Danno59

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
LGS has nib 85's & 85UL for 269.00

But they ain't like this above mentioned one....

·
Registered
171 Posts
I picked up a Taurus model 85 made in 1987 and a model 94 made in 1992 for two hundred each at a lgs. They are both beautiful and were both in the used revolver case at the same time. I had to sell a model 66 and a model 850 a couple of years ago due to financial reasons, and I miss them terribly. I guessed that this was God's way of telling me that he wanted me to own Tauruses after all. :)

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Reactions: HD-Mike

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Your buddy did great! Love the triggers on those old ones, solid steel = smooth shooter.

My FFL has a prelock blue'd 85. I gave it a once over checked spec's timing and took the grips off and the the bluing is even un-marred under the grip. It is perfect. Guy wants $280 I offered $250. The old manufacturing is 100% superior it is truly is as good as a J frame in some respects. Won't pay more than $250 though. I don't know round count etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I used to have an old SS 85 like that, but it was a victim of a trade or sale. It was very functional but not nearly as pretty. I think I paid $210 for it? That said, the old model 85s in decent shape are going for nearly $300 (new price) on Gunbroker.

·
32,495 Posts
My 25+ year old 85CH votes a yes. :) Let's put it this way. It's a strong and with a smoothed out trigger pull is one of the best guns in the CCW rotation.

·
Registered
5,231 Posts
I just got the sales flyer from Cabela's, they have the Model 85 on sale for $299.99.
I stopped by Cabela's in Rogers, MN over the weekend. The black finish looks different. I would not mind one, but I think I'd spring for the stainless model. The new grips are pretty nice.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts