Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI I am new to this so please be patient with me, I have a Taurus model 85 titanium 38 special 2 inch that I have never fired, still new. I was wondering if anyone knows any information or problems with this model? Thanks so much for your patience. Well I bought a new 357 so I guess I will sell the model 85.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
There are many members here with M85s (or the close siblings M605, M650, M651, M850, M851 etc). I'm not sure how many Ti versions we have though.

They are solid reliable guns that tend to shoot well. I've got 2 myself.

Steelheart

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have the M85 UltraLite and it is a joy to carry and for 15rds of SD ammo, it is a joy for me to shoot. After that, I put it down and use my G19 or XD9sc.

As to the Ti version, you may want to wear a shooting glove for the first session. But whatever you do, shoot that weapon! :)

The only bad thing about the ULs or the Ti is that you may find you start carrying it more that your primary. Then all your other weapons get jealous and crabby...........not a pretty scene I can tell you. :eek:

g19erusa

·
Registered
95 Posts
I bought a new (manufactured in 2005) Taurus titanium 651 a couple of years ago. This is the model with the shrouded hammer. I have several hundred rounds through it by now, and the fit, finish and function have been superb. It is not a handgun for long range sessions due to the light weight. It is a 'carry often, shoot little' handgun. It weighs about 19 oz. loaded and with an Uncle Mike's boot grip. I carry it most commonly on my bicycle, where the light weight and corrosion resistance come in very handy in my wet Seattle weather.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I posted about the same questions just a few moments ago (Must remember to search!). I was told that the titanium would expand under heat and would bind up the cylinder. Sounds kinda fishy to me. After all, it's a 5 shot revolver and I am NOT a speedy loader kinda guy. Any issues there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts