Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a Taurus Model 82 .38 special stainless revolver online. This is a gunsmith special project gun. It's a 4 inch barrel. I was wondering about sources for getting parts for it. From what I'm understanding this gun has some issues with the cylinder will over rotate when closed at times. I'm not sure what that means or what parts that might involve.
Revolver Air gun Shotgun Trigger Gun barrel

I was also wondering about date of manufacture by serial number. I also was wondering about parts interchangeability between similar models. Parts like hammer, trigger or some internal parts. It appears to have a newer style pair of rubber Taurus grips. The serial number looks like PK462864 but I won't know for sure until I actually get the gun.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great post! I recently acquired a similar one but blued and 3”. Compared to the venerable Smith and Wesson Model 10, it appears almost identical. I was able to find Taurus parts on Gunbroker and EBay.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
November 1996
I appreciate the dating of this gun. I saw on another post the different logo's and the corisponding years they were used. I can't make it out very well in the picture but it appeas to be the logo associated with the logo used between 1973-1981. Of course I could be wrong about the serial number too.
Wheel Product Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim
Automotive tire Rim Gas Automotive wheel system Font

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I appreciate the dating of this gun. I saw on another post the different logo's and the corisponding years they were used. I can't make it out very well in the picture but it appeas to be the logo associated with the logo used between 1973-1981. Of course I could be wrong about the serial number too.
View attachment 490626 View attachment 490627
I don't know it could be the 1981 to 1996 logo. My eyes are 1957 issue.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have found a lot of parts for the Taurus model 85 and I was wondering if any of the internal parts like the hammer and trigger would interchange with the 82.

·
Registered
Guns? What guns?
465 Posts
I have found a lot of parts for the Taurus model 85 and I was wondering if any of the internal parts like the hammer and trigger would interchange with the 82.
I'd think not. 82 is a medium frame, 85 is a small frame. Parts for the 80 and 83 should interchange with your 82 as long as they're from the same series.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I'd think not. 82 is a medium frame, 85 is a small frame. Parts for the 80 and 83 should interchange with your 82 as long as they're from the same series.
Gotcha'. I saw a lot of 80, 83 and even some 84 parts.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts