Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a Taurus Model 82 4-inch 38 special revolver back in December, used, in excellent condition. This is the blued model, not the stainless.

Took it on its fourth trip to the range yesterday, and it was another great experience. I had been concerned because the Model 82 has fixed sights, but this one shoots to POA. It is accurate enough that I can place soda cans on the side of a berm at 50+ feet and hit them 4 or 5 times out of six, and I am not a great shot.

I am really happy so far with the Taurus 82!

·
32,481 Posts
Glad to here it.

In the process of getting one myself though it may be stainless.
Never had a problem with the model 65 (.357 magnum version) hitting the POI at all.

Details, man,details. ;) Using 158gr. ammo or something else?
Us revolver afficianados have to stick together. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Actually, I have fed my Taurus several types of ammo and it has been accurate with them all: 148gr S&B, 130gr Remington, 125gr Winchester. I was using the 148gr S&B when making the soda cans dance at 50+ feet, standing offhand.

I agree, us revolver fans have to stick together. Of course I love my semis, too! and my rifles.

·
Registered
8,150 Posts
Thanks for the range report Jay. :D Nothing better than hearing of someone who is extremely pleased with a purchase they've made. :)

Now if you have some pics of your M82 those would be greatly appreciated as we love our Taurus revolver eye-candy here. :p

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have an older 3-inch Model 80 .38 that shoots a little low and left so it might be difficult to hit a soda can very often even at 50 ft. Fixed sights are definitely a roll of the dice. Seems like for .38 special the manufacturers (Colt, S&W, Taurus) regulate the sights to 158 grain loads, which I find are always the best bet for hitting as close to POA as you can get.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts