Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

just won this.....paid maybe a little to much but a a M80 3in barrel 38 Spl. satin nickle ..doesn't come around that often...

actually first I've ever seen

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)

looks to be in better than most, condition...most likely a old woman's gun ..that she carried to Church Sunday mornings....only if it was sunny outside...

Let me see your guys Model 80's !!!

·
Registered
91 Posts
score!.... that gun looks like it would be worth a premium!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Well I feel i paid premium..I spent my nest egg I was saving for a M405 or a 445....but I'm happy ..I was looking at those Retired Foreign Police M82's and I ran across this ..late bid and POW !

Its mine...I think it will be a cool Wadcutter gun !!!! Can these handle +P ?? I have a buddy that handloads 148gr wadcutters +P ..they are super accurate out of his Model 10

·
Registered
15,646 Posts
Congratulations on your vintage firearm.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
Congratulations on a very nice find!

The finish on that revolver is impeccable. :rating10:

·
Registered
432 Posts
I am not a fan of revolvers, but that thing is sexy for sure. Congrats on that man.

·
Registered
31,754 Posts
The view of the forcing cone looks like it has a serious case of lead snot....what is that big luge looking thing in in the photo?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
No +p sorry, if you call Taurus they will tell you this as well. I was looking at the cylinder and star/extractor assembly and the machining on that looks WAY way better than my new SS M85. Like night and day.

·
32,496 Posts
No +p sorry, if you call Taurus they will tell you this as well. I was looking at the cylinder and star/extractor assembly and the machining on that looks WAY way better than my new SS M85. Like night and day.
Too true. 110 gr. standard pressure ammo for that baby or any standard pressure ammo.
Wadcutters, Federal Nyclad 125gr. round nosed ammo, or something like them should be okay for that puppy.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I'd rather not shoot +P anyway.. especially for pinking.. I have a few hundred rounds or so, of standard pressure 158gr SWC laying around ,sounds like what this baby will be feeding on besides LWC

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
I have one exactly like that on layaway at the local GS.Mine may be a 4" barrel but satin nickel finish and wood grips.One day it(and the other 5 on lay away)will come home.lol
Nice piece Buckeye.

·
Registered
34,137 Posts
Nice revolver! You don't see many of them around anymore. Congrats!

·
32,496 Posts
Much better. :)

I just got a used Taurus 66, 6 inch barreled gun, off of Gun Broker and what did not show up was the gun needs a thorough cleaning inside and out!! :) Ah,well. That's what I get for looking only at fuzzy poor cell phone pics before buying. :)

Other than that the gat is in very good condition.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts