Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What year did the model taurus model 66 come out in stanless ? Did they come in 6 shot or 7 ? Or could you get a stainless in both 6 & 7 shot.
The reason I'm asking..I purchased a used one on line . "havent recieved it yet" , and when I check the serial Number on the Taurus Site, I get nothing. # hk100624 its a 6 inch comes with wood and rubber grips. I'm assuming the wooden ones are the origonal. Any information would be helpful. thanks

·
Registered
6,735 Posts
Pretty sure you could get the 6 shooter in stainless and blued, not sure about the year of introduction for the 7 shot but it was a while ago.

·
Super Moderator
40,638 Posts
What year did the model taurus model 66 come out in stanless ? Did they come in 6 shot or 7 ? Or could you get a stainless in both 6 & 7 shot.
The reason I'm asking..I purchased a used one on line . "havent recieved it yet" , and when I check the serial Number on the Taurus Site, I get nothing. # hk100624 its a 6 inch comes with wood and rubber grips. I'm assuming the wooden ones are the origonal. Any information would be helpful. thanks
Is yours 6 or 7 shot? From what I found if it has Factory wood grips it is probably a 6 shot. I have been looking for Factory wood grips for my 7 shot and can't find them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is yours 6 or 7 shot? From what I found if it has Factory wood grips it is probably a 6 shot. I have been looking for Factory wood grips for my 7 shot and can't find them.
I wished I knew. I never thought to ask. It was only after I bought it, that I found out that they could be 6 or 7. Its in the mail sytem right now "should be here in about 7 days" And the fellow I bought it from is gone for a week, so I cant even ask him LOL.

·
Registered
75 Posts
1978 was the first year of the model 66 -- the early ones are untrackable from serial number. It came in stainless or blued. The first of them had the top side plate screw, pinned barrel and recessed chambers. They early Taurus model 66 were badass revolvers. :cool:

·
Registered
20 Posts
I purchased mine new around 1989 and it’s actually satin nickel finish. Interestingly the extractor is blued.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
6-shot or 7? Either way, you are getting a great revolver. I have an older 4"/ 6-shot stainless, with factory wood grips. The gun itself, aside from the longer barrel-lug, is almost point-for-point a copy of my S&W Model 19. It is a real pleasure to shoot, but when I got it (used) it had an issue with hammer-strike and it required a few trips down the line to get it into top shape. Now, it is one of my real fvorites, except that the factory wood grips are rounded off at the bottom, not flat and squared a-la S&W.

Hope you find yours as much fun as I have found mine.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts