Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is another rifle I purchased about a week after I got the Thunderbolt. Same previous owner. Took down the rifle and it does not look like it was used at all. Very dry inside. Cleaned the bore and noticed the rather "unique" way it was "recessed crowned" (my term) and also seems like it has Micro-Groove (Marlin trademark) rifling. Test fired 7 rounds and it seems to function. Serial number XC6099. Very nice dark blue-black metal finish. Well, I'm bracing myself... What do I need to know?
Thanks.
GregT

·
Registered
5,498 Posts
For what I see them go for online I would say watch it go up in value(depending on how much you paid for it of course).

I like them and have looked at several they just ended up selling for more than I wanted to pay for something I wouldn't shoot much.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you! I am actually impressed with the way this rifle is built. The proof will be in the shooting, I guess. I'm nervous about the crown but if it shoots, that's all I need I guess.
GregT

·
Registered
26 Posts
My Father has one and swears by it, he got one new and it looked nice out of the box. Not aware of any issues he has had at all with his.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you! I am putting new sights on this so I can really wring it out! Will send photos out as soon as everything is mounted up...
GregT

1 - 5 of 5 Posts