Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know of any grips that will fit the model 44 revolver? Only one i can find is the Hogue and they don't look very good the back strap is exposed. To me that would be less comfortable than the factory grips.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I have the houge grips on mine and like them. They are wider than stock, which helps me get a better grip on the pistol, having larger hands and all

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My problem is my hands are big and the grips are to skinny to me for a 44 mag. Plus my hand i shoot with i destroyed the thumb a long time ago and after about 50 44 mag rounds my thumb is killing me. I was reading and the model 44 is the same frame size as the smith model 29 N frame. Hard to believe only houge makes grips for the n frame.

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
I had the same issue with the stock grips on my 44M...the back strap on the OEM grip is narrow and punishes the web of my hand. I bought the Hogue rubber that expose the rear frame and they were better but not optimum. I bought a set from the EBay seller Jaruwan P and they do spread out the recoil.

Here's mine with the wood grips:

Gun Trigger Revolver Shotgun Air gun

·
Registered
70 Posts
I ditched the undersized and small cheesy Goodyears that was on my Tracker, too. This wood furniture really changes the equation on the topic of handles:

Bayou52

·
Super Moderator
38,047 Posts
I ditched the undersized and small cheesy Goodyears that was on my Tracker, too. This wood furniture really changes the equation on the topic of handles:

Bayou52

If they made the larger rubber grips with the red stripe such as the ones that come on the Raging Bull to fit the 44M I would gladly have gotten those.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts