Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Pakistan
Respected Members/Seniors,
I am holding a Taurus Millennium PT 111 Pro (photos attached for reference).
I am got only one magazine with the gun, and I am planning to get extra magazine for above mentioned model but unfortunately same model magazines are not available in market.
I need to know that which other model magazines are completable with my pistol?
Thanks in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
120 Posts
For your PT111 Millennium PRO you can also use magazines from the newer Taurus G2c or G3c. These would be the new models that replaced the Millennium PRO you have. The magazines are interchangeable for all these models.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speaking of PT111 Millennium Pro G2 mag compatibility, has anyone had issues with releasing a full-size G3 15rd mag from their PT111? I watched video showing compatibility, successfully shooting all 15 rounds, and releasing the mag just fine, but my experience has been that the release doesn't "pop" the mag out like it does the original 12rd mag.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Hello from Pakistan
Respected Members/Seniors,
I am holding a Taurus Millennium PT 111 Pro (photos attached for reference).
I am got only one magazine with the gun, and I am planning to get extra magazine for above mentioned model but unfortunately same model magazines are not available in market.
I need to know that which other model magazines are completable with my pistol?
Thanks in advance
Hello Sir,

I have tested the PT111 G2 with the G3C as compatible.
I understand there was no change from PT111 to PT111 G2 in magazine.
I did notice that the windows to see rounds inside the magazines where on different spots between the G3C and PT111 G2 magazines but this did not affect fit or function.

So as the other gentlemen said you should enjoy full compatibility between PT111, PT111 G2, G2C and G3C magazines.

I hope you will be able to source magazines for your gun in your country, please let us know when ou are successful.

The most respected name brand for magazines appears to be Mec-gar made in Italy but made in Brasil are also fine.
I have not tried the ProMag yet but others have told me they are a lower quality choice (however this is hearsay to me and in other guns I was fine with ProMag).

respectfully,

Andy

PS: The magazines from the full size version, the G3 also function in my PT111 G2 and my G3C but of course they do not fit smoothly, they "stick out" the base of the grip by approx 3 cm and are not practical for use in concealed carry which I suspect will be your primary application. I did this once just as an experiment.

·
Registered
62 Posts
PS: Membership: are there any non Taurus mags that fit?

Maybe this is what the gentleman is really trying to find out.
Just as an example I recall for my Smith and Wesson M&P9, some Sig Mags would fit which of course are completely offbrand.

Are there similar offbrand mags that function for the PT111, PT111G2, G3C line?

·
Registered
62 Posts
PS2:
In this thread ( post number 9):
A gentleman claims to have successfully run Sig 226 magazines in his G3C.
So it may very well work in a PT111 as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Speaking of PT111 Millennium Pro G2 mag compatibility, has anyone had issues with releasing a full-size G3 15rd mag from their PT111? I watched video showing compatibility, successfully shooting all 15 rounds, and releasing the mag just fine, but my experience has been that the release doesn't "pop" the mag out like it does the original 12rd mag.

Thoughts?
Issue discovered with 1 of 4 G3 mags purchased; that one will be going back. The remaining 3 G3 mags release as expected (aka "pop") when the mag release is depressed. They also load and cycle rounds just fine (Winchester white box 115gr FMJ, not so much, and mine were not in the recall). Just got back from the range actually.

One can purchase sleeves to eliminate the gap produced by the G3 mags on a PT111 G2, G2c or G3c for $4-5/ea on Ebay. Work fantastic and conceal just fine.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Thoughts?
Loc,

welcome to the board.
This seems a separate discussion and perhaps you ought to create a separate thread.
This is so this thread that is trying to help the gentleman from Pakistan, where he has limited access to products does not lose focus.

PS: I have tried what you mention (G3 Mags in G3C) and did not experience any issues but I did not do it a lot, just as a lark one time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts