Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i recently got an older Taurus model 85 .38 special. the gun was missing the cylinder stop plunger and spring. I figured it was no big deal. I called Taurus today and after waiting on hold for 55 mins their customer service person said he could not find my serial number in any of their systems. And because he could not find the serial number he could not offer replacement parts or service work. Anything I can do to get parts or anyone know where to locate parts? Gunpartscorp is out of stock on the plunger/spring. I need both:confused:

· Supporting SuperModerator
16,477 Posts
I can not speak for Taurus, but they always seem to be eager to help. You might call back, get a different rep. and get a different answer. JAT

· Registered
193 Posts
Take another good look at the serial number under bright light and see if there is any possibility that a letter or number can be something different than it initially appears. For example - G vs 6, A vs 4, etc. You can ask Taurus what format the serial number might look like for this model (so many letters followed by so many numbers.)

· Registered
3,513 Posts
Taurus lifetime repair?

· Registered
6,531 Posts
If it is indeed stamped Taurus, then I would think they will get you taken care of. Do call back and talk to another person. Look over the serial number as suggested and make sure you are right about it. If you get the same answers as before, ask to speak to a supervisor and ask them about their lifetime warranty. They should be able to get you taken care of. Don't give up after one call. Be polite and firm. You might try calling at the end of the week too as they are less busy then. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

· Registered
2,024 Posts
If you can get the rep talked into just possibly letting you send it to them, a savvy tech there might reckognize the gun and say I know what this model is.??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.