Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For some time I have wanted to swap out the grips on my 669, either with similar wood grips or try a rubber set-up. However when I removed the grips I found, set into the bottom of the grip frame, three small cylindrical metal 'studs'. I have tried removing one but it is extremely tight. These 'studs' are not solid metal, more like a folded piece, as can be seen in the photos.
There are also corresponding holes drilled into each side grip.

Has anyone else come across this grip set-up before and, if so, what was your fix? My main concern would be that they are there to aide retention of the grips, along with the grip screw and removing them could cause problems.

Your collective thoughts would be greatly appreciated gentlemen.

Green Cutting mat Wood Hunting knife Tool

LEFT SIDE OF FRAME. It can be clearly seen these 'studs' are not solid..

Green Bag Wood Font Pattern

RIGHT SIDE OF GRIP.

Wood Gas Composite material Metal Electric blue

·
9,228 Posts
If one post position matches your new grip, then remove the other two. One grip screw and one post in the stirrup is normal anyway. I would compress the two remaining post with pliers on both sides then drive them out with a punch. Save them in case you want to re-install for some reason. That revolver doesn't have enough kick to need so much grip support.I wonder if someone had bad fitting grips and drilled and pinned those extra holes to help.

·
Registered
1,687 Posts
Looks like Taurus should've placed a couple more roll pins there to hold the grip even more secure. 🙄

1 - 3 of 3 Posts