Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently I just purchased a stainless m44 in .44 magnum with a four inch ported barrel. I love shooting the thing, but when I went into the Sport'sman warehouse, I couldn't find a holster that fit it right. The trigger guard was just too big to fit the four inch holsters, and the holster for the bigger magnums just swallowed the pistol. I would like to find a hip holster, preferably leather, or simulated leather, and I don't need to spend a fortune, but i'd also like it to fit. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
846 Posts
I dont know if this will help you or not, I'm a newbe and will tell you what I found out on a similar problem. I have a Tracker 4" .44 mag ported, model 44C blued. I found that an Uncle Mikes size 2 fits it well, it is a hip holster but made in nylon, it was a little tight for 2 or 3 carries then perfect. Even though your looking for leather I thought the size might help you in a cross reference. I also found a speed loader that works well in that gun. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks I think I tried that size at the sportsman's warehouse, and the next size up. The cylinder will fit, but not the trigger guard, we had the exact same pistol and, to the credit of the sales help they tried every holster in the joint. The ones that did fit were those bandolier holsters that can fit major artillery and they just swallowed that little 4 inch up. I'm going to hit the gun show this weekend with my pistol to see if I can find one.

·
Registered
6,761 Posts
Take a look at stuff that'll fit a Smith N frame. I think they're similar but you might run into issues with the shape of the trigger guard and the barrel profile.

Steelheart

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just found a holster at the gun show today. It's a little tight but it covers the trigger guard. Protech outdoors was the name on it, and I settled for a horizontal shoulder rig that has pouches for the speed loaders on the other side. Thanks for the sugestions I'm stll looking for a plain belt holster too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I use a DeSantis S&W N Frame 4" belt slide and a Haugen Handgun Leather EZ Carry for my M44 SS 4". Both are great holsters, I got the DeSantis to hold me over until the Haugen order was complete-Jerry's holsters are hand built one @ a time.

You completely wanna know something odd... I completely want a blue version of my M44! Or just a blue 6 shot 4" or 3" 44 mag in the WORST way.

Derek

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a Tracker in 41 mag, and my son has a tracker in 44 magnum. I also hve a 357 magnum 4 inch Colt Python. The El Paso Saddlrey Tortilla pankake holster for the Python, is a "perfect"...and I mean "PERFECT fit". Other Python holsters will probably fit as well. Smith and Wesson K frame holsters will work but require a filler inside the holster by the trigger loop to keep it from moving in the holster. Also Smith holsters may not have a perfect fit of the strap securing the gun. On the Python holster, the strap was made perfectly to fit 41 and 44 Trackers. Makes ordering a holster for a tracker very simple. Just order a holster for a 4" Python.

·
Registered
42 Posts
It sounds like hes got a fullsize44 not a tracker. Black hawk has a leather hip scabbard that is made for the Smith n Wesson n frame with the full barrel lug that I use... no good for ccw use tho but great for out doors n open carry

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow talk about a blast from the past. But I still run into the same issue, that huge trigger guard. Eventually someone will come up with a proper leather holster for it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
My father is wanting one of those Taurus M44 in the 8 3/8" the Raging Bull is too heavy for him his health isn't all that great
'

·
Registered
1 Posts
I checked the stats on the Tracker .44C to the 627 in .357 They were identical with the exception of a few thousands of an inch on width. Ordered a leather holster for a 627. Just received it today, fits like a glove. This is how it is posted on Ebay:
Taurus Models 65,66,82,Tracker 627 357 Magnum Holster Leather Brown. the cost was 20.00 , came from, get this, Turkey.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I recently purchased a Taurus M44 Tracker. I was looking around for a decent holster too. I just happen to have several old leather holsters for a S&W Model 66 with 4" bbl. Just for the heck of it, I tried, perfect fit. Just like it was made for the gun. I now have three holsters brought back from retirement and back in service with their new gun, and the best part is, I didn't have to buy them this time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts