Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having just purchased an M44 I am having trouble locating the following M44 specific accessories: grips, front sight and speed loader. I've scanned the revolver section, known company sites, Amazon, ebay etc. without much luck. All seem to end up at 44 Tracker/Raging Hunter parts. Anyone out there having better luck? Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
13,414 Posts
Really good prices on M44 right now. Congrats to you both!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My wife ordered a couple holsters from Craft Holsters. A hip and shoulder holster to use during archery season as a bear persuader. They're from Great Britain and bloody slow.... shipping date is January 10.... ordered beginning of December. They are made to order to the specific revolver/ pistol so we'll see.
I'm getting used to the stock grips but have heard there is a lot of space below the back strap. I've seen nothing for the M44 specifically.
I'm thinking of using some clear nail polish to seal the strip on the front sight but my wife thought it may wrinkle it...... no guts, no glory.....?

·
Registered
1,995 Posts
You talking about the 2.5" barreled 5 shot 44 mag?
I couldn't find any grips for mine listed anywhere either, BUT I figured out that the grip frame of the Governor is the same, so any grips that fit the Governor will fit the M44.
I have the Rossi version (same gun - even marked M44C in the yoke cut).
Here's mine wearing a set of the standard 3-finger grips that came stock on the Governor
Rossi44C.JPG
If that helps...

·
Registered
353 Posts
The Rossi M44 is a sibling of the Tracker series and holds 5 rounds.
The Taurus M44 is a sibling of the M607/608 and holds 6 rounds.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I reload too but the .44 is a new caliber and I haven't bought the dies yet. Also need to build a supply of cases. An expensive endeavor to be sure .... but someone has to do it..... 😆

·
Registered
1 Posts
Having just purchased an M44 I am having trouble locating the following M44 specific accessories: grips, front sight and speed loader. I've scanned the revolver section, known company sites, Amazon, ebay etc. without much luck. All seem to end up at 44 Tracker/Raging Hunter parts. Anyone out there having better luck? Thanks in advance.
Just saw your question. If it's a 5 shot, the CA-44 speed loader for a Charter Arms 44 spl works great

·
Registered
353 Posts
Holsters and speedloaders for the .44 Magnum S&W N-frame should work. The Taurus is a bit beefier but not that much.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts