Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently bought a new Taurus M327 cheap and I didn't like the factory grips so much. This is my first modern revolver. I decided to replace them with Hogue grips (as I have on all of my other guns). I know this gun is the same frame as the Taurus 85 series so I ordered a new set for $21 shipped.

The grips went on just fine and look and fit really good, except one small spot. On the left side of the frame near the cylinder release button you can see a small hole in part of the frame where the grip does not cover it fully. I pulled and tweaked it until it fit just right and there is still a small space there. I'm sure it wouldn't bother the average person but it bothers me. If Hogue would just have used a little more material in that area I would be set. Seems kinda pimpy to me. Did I get a bum set of grips or do all of your guns look this way? My biggest issue is getting crud, lint, etc.. in the frame as this is to be a carry gun. Did I get the correct grips? The number on the package reads 67000 Taurus Small Frame.

Anyone else have this situation? Did I get a bum pair of grips? What are you guys using to plug the hole? Take a look at my pics below.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.:)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,574 Posts
emg I own a M327 but haven't changed the grips. Having that small gap between the grip and the frame would bother me too. I have used Hogue's on my Trackers (compact frame grip #73000) without issue but I don't have any experience with the small frame grips. Hopefully a member has the same grips and can let you know how they fit their Taurus.

Coop

·
Registered
14,039 Posts
I have replaced the grips with the Hogue on my M327. And the Hogue grips fit perfect, not only on the M327, but also on my 3 M85 variants (UL, Magnesium and 9mm). Sounds like you need to send them back for a replacement. I purchased mine off of Amazon.com

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hogue is a Great Outfit, email them with your problem and I'm sure they will correct it..

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
Grips made for a S&W j frame leave that assembly hole visible on the left side. The grip frames are nearly identical in profile, and fit even though they are mechanically a bit different. J frame grips can be modified to fit the small frames, you just have to relocate the pin hole which locks the factory shingles in place to keep them from rotating. You don’t want small grips on a 327. That 3” barrel looks sweet and I wish I had a 3” instead of the 2” I traded for.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Have the exact same problem with a pair of compac grips I bought for my M85 they were for a J-frame not the M85...
Meh I'll live with It, I've tried with and without the frame pin still leave's the hole showing guess It needs to be model specific.

·
Registered
175 Posts
this is my m327
I don't have a hole ...but I will tell ya I hate this grip
No back strap cover I have a hogue monogrip on my 642-1 S&W I love that grip
the one on the m327 is a hogue but I don't know which one
I hear the pachmayr grip for the m85 has all the things I want
Buttttt they don't make it anymore

ps I 2nd the longer barrel it looks nice and would shoot better

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts