Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Interesting that Taurus was the first to offer a lifetime warranty on every gun (1985)

Here's what we've learned so far as to others who have joined the band wagon...
  • Kel-Tec will warranty the gun, but "only with the original owner."
  • Smith & Wesson
  • Springfield
  • Hi Point
  • Jimenez Arms (Bryco-Jennings)
  • Bersa offers a lifetime warranty on their firearms, but only to the original purchaser
  • Savage offers a 1 year warranty IF you have returned the Registration Card
Hmmm... No Glock, No Colt, No Sig-Sauer?

·
Registered
57 Posts
glock?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Springfield offers a lifetime warranty. I bought a used XD9 and broke the extractor. They fixed it no questions asked and they had a great turn around time. They also will send you a check for your shipping.

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
Now that's service!

What was their turn around? I'd like to buy a new gun and had bene eyeing the XD for some time now.

·
Registered
790 Posts
Jimenez Arms, the latest incarnation of Bryco-Jennings Firearms, offer a lifetime warranty on all four models of pistols they produce. Send it in and they will fix it free of charge. I called their service department to see if Jimenez parts would interchange with a Jennings pistol I own, and they were identical. What impressed me was a live voice answered the phone, didn't put me on hold or transfer me to someone else, listened to what I needed, and said he'd get it right out to me. Three days later I had my parts. Now thats great customer service, from the most inexpensive firearms on the market.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Bersa offers a lifetime warranty on their firearms, but only to the original purchaser. Isn't that the case with most of the ones mentioned above? They are lifetime, but only to the original owner? I think Taurus is the only one that warrants the gun for ITS lifetime. Or am I wrong here?

Todd

·
Registered
790 Posts
I think you're right about that. With Taurus, it doesn't matter if you're the first or the tenth owner, they'll fix it. I'll have to re-read my Kel Tec information to be sure, but I think Kel Tec is to original owner only as well. Jimenez is original purchaser, too. But those guns are so inexpensive to begin with that not many people will buy one used, when you can get a new one for $100.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You know... we ought to do some research... if Taurus is the only Lifetime of the Gun waranty, then that needs to be recognized. Waranty of the Owner is like lifetime waranty on brakes... when I took them back to be replaced, they pointed out the "lifetime" was pre-designated for xx,xxx miles. That no lifetime at all!

·
TaurusArmed.net Forum Founder
6,541 Posts
LOL @ lifetime brakes. That's the biggest gimmick/joke in the parts industry.

BTW, I work on the parts counter. ;)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Beware of the XD warranty. Where taurus will send you the broken part if you want them to, example those darn sight screws that us idiots break, Springfield will not ship for free or money any parts for the xd you have to ship it back to the. I would have hated to have shipped my 745 back to get the sight screw replaced. I just called taurus and they had one in my hands within 2 days.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts