Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well, I just ordered the Lakeline guiderod, a couple weeks ago.

Leading up to that I had contacted Taurus about availability of the stock guide rod and how much it was. I had even gone as far as to set up a quote with my information and got the shipping and everything worked out, but I never did actually pay for it or give my payment information; I told them let me think about it for one more day and never did call them back. I had decided Lakeline was what I wanted to do.

Well, today I just checked the mail, and a small package from Florida was amongst my items. Taurus Holdings??

Opened it up and out fell a new factory guiderod. An invoice with no payment information or even an order number. Just what what shipped.

This is Ruger Level stuff, right here. I don't know if it was a glitch, or someone just decided to do the right thing for a customer, but I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt.

Right On Taurus! Happy customer here! :) :D

·
Registered
220 Posts
I made a call to Taurus about a broken slide plate. UNSURE of how it happened I assumed that I did it replacing the slide after I put the lakeline gear in. Fully prepared to pay for the part the tech I spoke with said not to worry I will have that part shipped to you........ 20181116_162550_1542762545435.jpg

·
Registered
9,561 Posts
This is really fabulous news, folks! It's very good to hear! Two thumbs way up!

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Mahalo Yes! That's exactly the type of invoice I got! No order or customer number or billing stuff. So cool :D

·
21,940 Posts
Good for all concerned!

·
Registered
175 Posts
woot woot for Taurus good on a company that owns up

·
Registered
31,697 Posts
Taurus is listening and improving!!!!!!
When a company hits rock bottom, there is only one direction to go, and that is up! :)

·
Registered
3,269 Posts
I don't know, the way I see it is even a broken clock gets it right a couple times a day... doesn't mean it's going to be fixed forever

Don

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Eh mock or say what you will I have never had issues from Taurus about service, Now I have had Smith and Wesson Misplace? Lose? Bury? Hide? a Gun sent back for service. Externals sights/slide catch/safety kept falling off gun disappeared 8 months Feb to Oct found returned and never fixed. Sent back 4 months later returned traded to a Hi Point. The Hi Points still running the Smith Wesson Shield was eventually stripped and sold as parts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
great news. Kinda odd though that this good customer service comes after jerking a lifetime warranty off of so many guns. Makes me wonder if it was part of the plan all along.
Let's hope this is the case. Hopefully parts can be ordered in the future.

Reactions: PilatusTurbo

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Good stuff, but it'd gotten there in a couple of days from Ruger. :rofl: Good stuff, though, and glad to hear it!

·
Super Moderator
34,949 Posts
Eh mock or say what you will I have never had issues from Taurus about service, Now I have had Smith and Wesson Misplace? Lose? Bury? Hide? a Gun sent back for service. Externals sights/slide catch/safety kept falling off gun disappeared 8 months Feb to Oct found returned and never fixed. Sent back 4 months later returned traded to a Hi Point. The Hi Points still running the Smith Wesson Shield was eventually stripped and sold as parts.
Heck, I've never had to DEAL with Taurus. I have five of 'em and none are broken. I've owned my older 66 six shooter since the 90s, ditto my 85SSUL and my 3" 66 for nearly as long. So, any thoughts I've had on Taurus CS is strictly hear say.

Reactions: Dan51
1 - 20 of 22 Posts