Taurus Firearm Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
I found a 4 inch model yesterday at H&H in Warrenton Mo.
$439 later I took it home.
I haven't gotten any ammo yet. I'll take care of that on my way home from work tonight.
Going back to pick up the Kel-tec pf9 tommorrow.
I guess I'll get a holster for each while I'm there.
Do they make a comfortable shoulder holster for the Judge?

Mony

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
NYPD in AZ said:
4-inch???
Yep, NYPD, they now make a 3" 4" and 6.5" in all models, plus the lovely ultra light!! Are you looking for a 2nd Judge.

Mony, gee have you carried that thing yet! Well you do have the short one. It is probably only 9" long. Not the 13" long monster. A couple places might make a shoulder rig. The only one I know for sure is. http://www.wwlholsters.com/Default.asp but he makes a universal type. Nylon or leather. NYPD might know of others, but that the only shoulder rig I have seen for them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Robby,
Thanks for the lead on the holster.
I haven't carried it yet. I tried to load it with 410 shells yesterday and they were very hard to load. I think the problem is that I bought an off brand, NSI I think.
I bought the judge to carry while I'm rabbit hunting. I usually run 2 or 3 dogs and it's difficult to carry a shotgun and handle dogs that are not yet ready to quit hunting.

Thanks again,
Mony

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, if they were loaded with shot that expanded the thing they can be tight. All of what I have used, have the plastic shot cup, and were not too out of round. I could still see the impression of the shot on the outside on those, but they slide in easily.
I got the JUDGE for field of fire issues on my farm, and the presence of coyote, bobcats, and feral dogs. If I use a slug gun, or pistol I would be limited as to the directions I can fire.

My dog hates guns, hunting, and such. One shot and she is off to the house.

·
Registered
26 Posts
How does the Judge shoot with 410s? That is, how's the recoil. I like the idea, and the revolver seems like a lot of fun to own, but I could only justify it as a home defense gun to my wife. We currently have a Taurus 85 38spl with Crimson Trace grips for that purpose, and my wife likes it, but I'd like the Judge as well. I'd probably not use 00, but bird shot for the first few shots then 45LC in it if the bird shot didn't convince the bad guy to go away. Would the Judge be much more snappy than the 38spl with light(er) loads?

Thx :guns:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
I personally own a 6.5" JUDGE, and a 357 Rossi snubby. I have shot 410 #4 & #9, along with 200 gr & 250gr 45 colts. I actually think the 357 using 158 gr 38's was snappier than the JUDGE. I would suggest the 4" if you can find one rather than the 3". I think the longer barrel gives me reduced recoil but the 6.5" I bought because of planned use on my farm for varmints, coyote, bobcat, and such.

I keep it at the bed side, with 2 410 #4's and 3 250 gr JHP's. But of course, the 357 is close by also, like it would be at your house. That gives you big time protection factor with 10 rds, before you have to reload. Or the wife with one and you with the other. My gun box has a PT111 in it beside the bed, so I feel very well armed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Thanks for the info Robby. I like the 4" model as it's a bit larger, it's not going to be a carry gun so the size isn't really an issue, and the extra weight should help the recoil. The 6.5" may be too big for the night stand, but would fit the role you use it for nicely.

I may hold out for a 3" chamber as my son's Rossi 410 is a 3" and we could use the same shells, making buying shells easier.

I like the idea of having one for my wife & one for myself. Can't be too careful, well armed or have too many guns...

Thx :guns:

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yeah, I did forget to mention looking for the long cylinder one that uses standard 3" 410's. That is the only thing I wish I had, They are supposed to be making an ultra lite, in that size from what I have read, but I do not know the ETS. "Estimated Time to Sell. or Showup"

·
Registered
259 Posts
For what its worth I shot mine yesterday and it is my favorite gun to shoot. Very happy with it.

·
Registered
846 Posts
chad rn, you might check at a gun show, around here they are cheaper there than at the stores, new ones at the show are, I've never seen any used.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts