Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was at cabellas today and they had a SS 3" judge. Came with a nice nylon bag and holster for 549.00 I think pretty close to that in price. I didn't buy it......yet. Any opinions on the price. I really want one. This one won't fire the 410 mag shells so that is the reason I decided not to jump on it. Any opinions would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
35,530 Posts
I really don't think you're going to see many, if any, Judge pistols in the used gun shelf, or in pawn shops. Unless you are really in love with the mag 410 shell, this seems like a reasonable price....I believe I saw one last week, the 3'' barrel, for 510 or so. With holster that is made for it, that might not be a bad deal.

I wonder if the newer models will be noticeably more expensive.....

·
Registered
579 Posts
I would jump on it. They are getting very very scarce around here.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Apparently from Taurus Catalog, and other information there will be a total of 8 different models this year. Possibly more. I saw the 3" in Blue, stainless, matt Stainless,UL with 2.1/2" 410, plus 4", and 6.5 inch. Then I saw listed the UL, in addition to the other models in 3" magnum 410 in all models. Not sure of availability but it is going to have an expanded lineup.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
muttmutt said:
I would jump on it. They are getting very very scarce around here.
Just checked Buds and gunbroker and found a total of 6, not models, 6 guns for sale. Get them while you can.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
chad_rn said:
This one won't fire the 410 mag shells so that is the reason I decided not to jump on it.
A Judge that does not shoot 410 ga shotshells? I thought that's what makes a Judge.

As soon as I can lay my hands on a SS Judge chambered for 3" shotshells I am buying it. I called Taurus about it and all they could say was it would be out sometime this Spring. I'm going to the Vegas gunshow this weekend. Maybe I'll get lucky there. I'm looking for the new Ruger .380, too.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
VegasGuy said:
A Judge that does not shoot 410 ga shotshells? I thought that's what makes a Judge.
Judge chambered for 3" shotshells Which are the Magnums sir. I know that is not the offical designation, but they have been called that for years.

·
Registered
959 Posts
YIKES,... what's going on here... I buy my Judge August 2007... aren't Prices supposed to Drop after a Guns been out for awhile...??? I think the .410 2 1/2" will cool off after the 3" comes out... Might pay to wait for the .410 3"Mag...

This is My Gun

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Robby said:
Judge chambered for 3" shotshells Which are the Magnums sir. I know that is not the offical designation, but they have been called that for years.
I did not know that.i also thought they all shot the 410 shells.this is why i love this site.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah maybe I should have specified, the one for sale I saw will fire 410, but not the 410 magnum shells. That is why I didn't buy it Monday. I still can't decide. Maybe I should wait a few months and see if they get released. Such hard decisions.

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Robby said:
My error. I missed the word "mag" in the original post.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Actually I've been told/read somewhere that 3" shell/magnum version will shoot both 2 1/2" and 3" shells.....not sure if that's true or not. I would think the regular gun that shoots the 2 1/2" 410 would maybe go down in price some once the new model hits?

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
Yes, your right, the older 2 1/2" 410's can be fired from the 3" long 410 chambered guns or from the lovely long shotguns. Most of the other makers of this type gun, did already make the ones for the 3".

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well I did it I bought the Judge from Cabellas today. I couldn't take it. Had to have it. I havent shot it yet. The way the front bead glows in the light is awesome and the finish is great. Now I wonder what I'll get next. My b-day and one of the largest shows in the area are at the end of this month. I can't wait.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
That was how I got my 6.5 inch stainless, the 3" instock had a broken front site tube, and I could not wait a week for them to get it fixed. So I bought my hand cannon! At over 13" it will never be my ccw, but for the farm and home defence I love it.

·
Registered
959 Posts
chad_rn,... Welcome to "THE JUDGE CLUB"...<:))

·
Registered
579 Posts
Hey Chadrn Where are you in Missouri ??

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I am in lake saint louis, about 30 miles west of st. louis, right where hwy 40 and 70 cross. What about you?

·
Registered
579 Posts
20 miles North of Branson

1 - 20 of 31 Posts