Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just picked up a Taurus Judge in SS. Really sweet and most of all fun gun. The handle seems a bit goofy but is damn comfortable. I really fell in love with it. The gun kicks smoothly and has a good aim at 7 yds and pretty good aim at 14yds. I have a few questions though.
Whats a good ammo to use? I've been using the Remington 225grain.
I need a decent holster for it. Any ideas?
Thanks

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh also on another related note is there any way to put a laser sight on the judge. Just an idea. I'm new to this stuff so I have no idea whats possible.
Thanks

·
Registered
16 Posts
Do a "search" on the Judge and there are a few threads that talk about ammo. This thread is titled "Judge prices up" but does get into talking about ammo. http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/index.php?topic=4703.0

Someone suggested Winchester since it does not have a ribbed outer case. A member also mentions a holster....nylon and on the front spine it has elastic that holds a couple of shells. Although my Judge is a house gun, it came with a holster (a Cabelas special package) and the holster is a Bull Dog brand. Fits great but it's cordova/nylon also.

By the way.....I find the grips very comfortable but recently purchased a set of Hogue monogrip fingergroove grips. They are much "harder" to the feel but I do like the fingergrooves. Haven't decided if I'm going to keep them on the gun or not as it seems to "balance" differently. I'll decide once I get to the range. In case you were interested, they are the model that fit the Taurus Tracker....model #73000. At first, one of them didn't fit my Judge but upon inspection with a flashlight, there was a little plastic burr on the inside and once it was gone the grip slid right on.

Congratulations on your Judge. I think they are a hoot to shoot also :D

·
Moderator Emeritus, with us always.
15,931 Posts
I have had my Judge since August 2007, Matt Stainless, 6.5" barrel.

even with a couple flyers that are not off the target, I can consistently put all rounds on a 5" sticky target on cardboard. I could not until I bought that Hogue grip, because it tore up my finger under the trigger guard after 5 rounds. I think you will love it after you fire with those grips.

Holsters, they are starting to produce more and more for the Judge! I wondered if they ever really would for a few months. I went looking for other stuff this week, and discovered that not only are they coming out with the newest version that will fire the 3" magnum 410, there are now at least three barrel lengths, 3" 4", and 6.5". I bet they all come out in the 3" size cylinder too. Three finishes, Blue, Stainless (shiny), and Matt Stainless, so gee they must be going to keep making them for a while.

Ammo, well I have used just about the full variety available, 200gr, regular and cowboy load FMJ, 225 gr Blazer JHP & FMY, and 250 gr JHP, in the 45 colt. 410's to find a lot of variety you have to look around a bit. Most places do not even stock the 00 or 000 but #4 thru #9 are readily available.

Oh about a laser, I did get a very cheap, $12 rifle laser set, If you mount it above the barrel on my 6.5", you can see the regular sights, or shoot it with the laser. Not sure if you could attach to the trigger guard, but as they are universal, you probably could.
I only did it for a test, and found that I was hitting POA, at 45 feet. But with the cheap red laser, unless it was very cloudy or dark out I could not see the laser very well beyond about 30 ft.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Robby -- I purchased the grips based on your previous thread and email sent to me. They do look great so I'm hoping to keep them on my Judges. Thanks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts