Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Vendor
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taurus Judge vs Governor: Which Of The .410 Boat Anchors Should I Get?

Some people just want a .410 revolver, and this leads some people to ponder whether to get the Taurus Judge vs Governor by S&W. Since Smith and Wesson is such a long-lasting and trusted brand, some people wonder if you can get the same gun, just made better, by opting to not get the Taurus.

The answer? Well, really it depends on which one you end up liking more. The gun is going to hold up no matter which brand you buy. The frame and cylinders are tanks.

You don't really get so much more in features for one to be clearly better than the other, so you'll have to decide which you think is the better concealed carry revolver for you.

Continue reading at: Taurus Judge vs Governor For Concealed Carry - Alien Gear Holsters Blog

·
Registered
69 Posts
I tried both. Liked both. Paid $200 less for the Taurus 3x3 magnum and I shoot it a touch better. Saved enough I was able to get a PD Poly as well... Judge Scalia and Judge Judy... lol. They are both tons of fun. The big 3x3 is a dream to shoot. The PD is feisty, especially with the Federal 410 000... I feel those in my hand for about 3 days... lol
Wish I could find a nice, inexpensive holster for the big boy... everything I have seen is either too expensive, or not adequate for that heavy of a machine.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
Nice article, but you made a small error, both models of the S&W Governor have a Stainless Steel Barrel and Cylinder with a Scandium Alloy Frame, the only difference is that the black one is PVD coated whereas the "Stainless" model leaves the cylinder/barrel bare while the frame has a clear coating.

Source: https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/model-governor

smith-wesson.com said:
Cylinder Material: Stainless Steel
Barrel Material: Stainless Steel
Frame Material: Scandium Alloy
Frame Finish: Matte Silver

·
Registered
19,329 Posts
I tried both. Liked both. Paid $200 less for the Taurus 3x3 magnum and I shoot it a touch better. Saved enough I was able to get a PD Poly as well... Judge Scalia and Judge Judy... lol. They are both tons of fun. The big 3x3 is a dream to shoot. The PD is feisty, especially with the Federal 410 000... I feel those in my hand for about 3 days... lol
Wish I could find a nice, inexpensive holster for the big boy... everything I have seen is either too expensive, or not adequate for that heavy of a machine.
You might look here, if you haven't already............
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/judge/77768-what-your-favorite-holster-your-judge-2.html#post1108552

Reactions: Walrus
1 - 6 of 6 Posts