Taurus Firearm Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
My name is Ken and new to this forum. I am a retired Veteran. I recently purchased a Taurus Judge Magnum. I tried researching the serial # CX955922 to find the date of manufacture. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I w ould also be interested in a value of it as well. I believe the condition to be 90-95%. Thanks

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Southwest Florida!
Someone will be along shortly to help shed light on your questions.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,
My name is Ken and new to this forum. I am a retired Veteran. I recently purchased a Taurus Judge Magnum. I tried researching the serial # CX955922 to find the date of manufacture. If anyone could help me out I would appreciate it. I w ould also be interested in a value of it as well. I believe the condition to be 90-95%. Thanks
If you search this forum for "serial number lookup", you may be able to find a post from user "Taurus10" dated November 2015. He attached a chart which gives a breakdown of alpha codes for year and month. I was able to use that information successfully in the past. Hope it helps with estimating the birthday.

As far as value and condition, posting photos may get you some feedback.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you search this forum for "serial number lookup", you may be able to find a post from user "Taurus10" dated November 2015. He attached a chart which gives a breakdown of alpha codes for year and month. I was able to use that information successfully in the past. Hope it helps with estimating the birthday.

As far as value and condition, posting photos may get you some feedback.
T/M

·
Administrator
41,830 Posts
Welcome from West Texas!

·
9,761 Posts
Welcome aboard from NW Arkansas. Please post up a few pics - we look at forcing cone wear and condition of the cyclinder star areas. Taurus doesn't provide born dates any longer, they just provide a model number in their web page lookup. A Taurus agent may be helpful over the phone. We have a former Taurus employee from Brazil who weighs in often, so maybe he will help. The biggest issue these days is finding and affording the appropriate 410 ammo. The 410 ammo made for revolvers performs the best. Federal/Winchester,Hornady and a few others make handgun 410 ammo, but it is almost impossible to find or afford. The standard 410 ammo is a little too hot for a Judge, ok for occasional use. But shot pattern will be unimpressive. 45 colt will run accurately, not as accurate as a revolver made for 45 colt but is a good choice for close in self defense. I can get a 5" group with my 45 colt reloads at 15 - 20 yards.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome aboard from NW Arkansas. Please post up a few pics - we look at forcing cone wear and condition of the cyclinder star areas. Taurus doesn't provide born dates any longer, they just provide a model number in their web page lookup. A Taurus agent may be helpful over the phone. We have a former Taurus employee from Brazil who weighs in often, so maybe he will help. The biggest issue these days is finding and affording the appropriate 410 ammo. The 410 ammo made for revolvers performs the best. Federal/Winchester,Hornady and a few others make handgun 410 ammo, but it is almost impossible to find or afford. The standard 410 ammo is a little too hot for a Judge, ok for occasional use. But shot pattern will be unimpressive. 45 colt will run accurately, not as accurate as a revolver made for 45 colt but is a good choice for close in self defense. I can get a 5" group with my 45 colt reloads at 15 - 20 yards.
T/M

·
Registered
11,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Northern Oklahoma!

·
Registered
Guns? What guns?
540 Posts
Hello,
July 2009.

·
Premium Member
8,356 Posts
Hello,
I read that line and it made me wonder what a retired veteran is. I know "retired" means you've ended whatever it is you're retired from. Does that mean you have retired from being a veteran and you're back on active duty?

You'll notice some of us are here for the comic relief. Welcome to the forum!

Reactions: cnc1
1 - 16 of 16 Posts