Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Press release from Taurus:

New for 2007 is a new Taurus Judge Ultra-Lite titanium model—also in .45 LC/ .410 gauge 2-inch with 3” barrel and a new blue steel 3-inch Magnum variation that chambers .45 LC/ .410 gauge 3-inch magnum cartridges with a 3” barrel.

Am I reading this correctly, the 3" chambered version is only available in a blue steel version?

My local gun shop currently has a S/S 2.5" version. I have been waiting for the 3" version to hit the streets. But, I am not interested in the 3" version if it is not S/S. I would rather own the 2.5" in S/S if those are my only options. Yeah, I know, I am a finicky buyer.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Well I did not wait! Actually, I wanted the SS, and got it in the long version. 6.5 inches of barrel. I was dumb, and actually did not realize the difference between the 2.5" 410, and 3" until after I bought it and put some 410's we had a home in the chamber. I am not sorry I bought it, but some shots are harder to find in 2.5 than in 3".

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dug a little deeper and found this link on the Taurus site:

http://www.taurususa.com/whatsnew/revolvers.cfm

On that page there is an image of another Judge:

http://www.taurususa.com/products/product-details.cfm?model=4510TKR-3SS&category=Revolver&id=199

I took a screen shot of each image and superimposed them in Photoshop. Though they appear to be the same image, there is a difference in the length of the cylinders. So, I would say that there does seem to be a 3" chambered Judge in S/S. I am calling Taurus Monday to ask them about it. I want to know if it is in production, yet. I'll report back here with their answer.

·
Premium Member
15,932 Posts
Yeah, I did the same thing, definitely about 1/2 inch longer cylinder on that one. I wonder if the wife would kill me if I traded one for the other!!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Robby said:
Yeah, I did the same thing, definitely about 1/2 inch longer cylinder on that one. I wonder if the wife would kill me if I traded one for the other!!!!
What she doesn't know...wont hurt her....she will never know the difference....

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I called Taurus a few minutes ago and asked about the version chambered for 3" shotshells. The CSR said, "They will not be available until this Spring." When I asked about the blued and S/S versions, he said they would be available as blued and S/S. I did not ask about barrel length. So, it looks like I am going to have to be patient. My guess is when they first appear on the market, they will be in great demand, at high prices with limited availability.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts