Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
8,399 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently reviewed my new Judge 6.5 with the 2.5" cylinder. When I was looking for a long barrel Judge the distributors only had the 2.5 inch cylinder version, so I picked it up.
http://www.taurusarmed.net/forums/j...-fathers-day-after-all-judge-2-5-x-6-5-a.html

Well I got an email from Grab-a-Gun that they got the 6.5 X 3 Judge Magnum in at the same price as the 6.5 X 2.5 Judge. Being the gun nut that I am, I ordered it. $368 with free shipping and the $15 transfer fee and I had a new Judge for $383.

P7300012.JPG I put my Pachmayr diamond pro grips on to make this long boy a bit more manageable. The revolver weighs 44.5 oz's empty. The DA trigger pull is a smooth and consistent 10lbs and the SA is 3.5lbs. It is 13.5" long, 6"high and 1.5" wide.
P7300014.JPG Here are the two Judge's for size comparison. The Magnum version had a better trigger out of the box than the 2.5" version. Certainly better than some of my previous Judge's. I believe Taurus has finally figured out how to make a decent action that doesn't require polishing of internals. In fact I haven't even popped the plate off yet to do my normal fluff and buff, because everything seems smooth enough already.
P7300015.JPG What I am trying to show you here is that the 3" Judge's cylinder star is a bit beefier than the 2.5" version. Now off to the range.
P7300017.JPG This target was at 20 yards, and using 255 grn hard cast lead rounds from American Quality Ammunition I got very good results. It took a few shots to find the center, but once I did it was grouping at 3". Then I shot one round of #5 shot Remington 3" game load running 1135 FPS at 15 feet. Yep it is snake qualified.
P7300018.JPG Finally what makes a full size 1911 look like a puny gun, you guessed it. This revolver is just flat out fun to shoot. Is it a good carry gun? Of course not. Should it be your primary self defense gun - nope. Wanna have fun with one of the largest revolvers made? Then this Judge is in your court and ready to decide it is time to have a blast. Just in case you think this is too big or powerful for little hands, my almost 11 year old grandson ran it like a champ with no problem. So go on have some fun and get JUDGED!

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
Congrats, nice looking pair right there; glad you're enjoying them.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Very nice.

I really like the 6.5" Barrel and even debated getting one myself, but seeing as my primary role for the Judge Magnum was Home Defense in which I have limited room to safely store a firearm and I wanted one that would fit beside my bed, the 3" Barrel just made more sense.

That said, if they still offered them with 4" Barrels, I would have gotten one without hesitation. In fact, I tried to order one, but couldn't because they're out of production and I wanted a brand new Judge.

Reactions: silverstring

·
Super Moderator
40,475 Posts
Nice buy.

Reactions: silverstring
1 - 5 of 5 Posts