10,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOURCE:
Taurus Introduces the 405 Revolver & 445 Ultra-Lite Revolver

445 UltraLite

M445SSUL_01.jpg

M405B_01.jpg

Sunday, January 1st, 2012 at 12:55 PM
MIAMI --(Ammoland.com)- Miami, FL –-(Ammoland.com)- Taurus, a leader in the innovation and manufacturing of firearms, announces the availability of their new 405 Revolver and 445 Ultra-Lite Revolver.
The 405, Taurus’ first revolver chambered in .40 S&W, features a lightweight frame that weighs just 29 ounces. Included with the 405 Revolver are stellar clips for quick and easy loading and unloading.
The new 445 Ultra-Lite answers the call for a revolver in the popular .44 Special round. The 445 features an Ultra-Lite frame that weighs only 22 ounces. This lightweight revolver is an aggressive wheel-gun that delivers superior accuracy and stopping power without the heft or bulk of most large caliber revolvers.
Each revolver’s barrel measure 2 inches, with an overall length of 7 inches. Both 5-shot revolvers are available in a blue or matte stainless finish and are outfitted with Taurus’ exclusive Ribber Grips that reduce felt recoil and ensure a more positive hold.
Like all Taurus firearms the 405 Revolver and 445 Ultra-Lite come standard with the unique onboard Taurus Security System® that allows users to securely lock the gun using an inconspicuous key-lock.
405 Revolver

• .40 S&W
  • SA/DA
  • Medium Frame Revolver
  • Barrel Length: 2 inch
  • Overall Length: 7 inch
  • Blue or Matte Stainless
  • Fixed sights
  • Ribber Grip
  • 29 oz.
  • $477-$523
445 Ultra-Light

• Caliber:.44 Special
  • Action:SA/DA
  • Frame:Medium Frame Ultra-Lite
  • Barrel Length: 2 inch
  • Overall Length: 7 inch
  • Finish:Blue or Matte Stainless
  • Sights:Fixed
  • Grips:Ribber Grip
  • Weight: 22 oz.
  • MSRP:$508-$539

·
Registered
2,850 Posts
These are nice, I will have to look for them in my LGS.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Yeah they have been out for a while...dang I wish the 405 was built on a UL frame 29 OZ !!!!!

I'm sorta trying to hold out and see if they make another run of 45 acp revolvers !!!!!

·
32,493 Posts
:) If enough people politely bug Taurus then a .45 ACP revolver could be in the works.

It also depends on how the other big bore revolvers sell.

There are also those who are wishing for a .45 Colt version as well.

Maybe a revolver that can shoot both .45s would work. Just wishing out loud. :)

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Not a fan of stellar clips and I really like the 445 but in stainless. Just not diggin' the UL models. I don't trust alloy guns and if you shoot them allot they wear strangely. In other words weak points are revealed in the alloy that you would not normally see in hardened steel. Just my opinion though. Hopefully they will do a steel 445. I would get one tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
I passed on a Taurus 2in barreled SS 45 Colt a few months ago ..had to save a few dimes for a SIG 2022 40 S&W...wish I could have swung for both....

I just feel like the 40 S&W should have been built on a small frame or at least have a compact grip...those grips are just to big.....If a Judge PD can be built on a small UL frame the 40 S&W could be in a all steel frame like the 605 or 905

I would purchase a 45 ACP in a compact frame Taurus in a heart beat....

·
Registered
134 Posts
Yeah they have been out for a while...dang I wish the 405 was built on a UL frame 29 OZ !!!!!

I'm sorta trying to hold out and see if they make another run of 45 acp revolvers !!!!!
No you don't. It kicks worse than a 357 with heavy loads and that is in a 29 oz frame.

steve

·
Registered
74 Posts
Damn.......I wish, I wish I could. Buy just one of these...........
Maybe with my tax refund check if Mr. Obama will give me back some of my hard earned money back, after April 15th. I'll even turn down free health care to get at least $400.00 back this year.

·
Member Emeritus 1946-2018
35,996 Posts
No you don't. It kicks worse than a 357 with heavy loads and that is in a 29 oz frame.

steve
If the recoil from a .45 ACP revolver would be any more exhilarating than the kick of my 605 .357 Magnum, I don't think I could stand it! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
I like my 405. It has worked well for me so far....
Shot my new 405 for the first time last week...think it will be a good asset. I "grew up" with the revolver while a police officer... and there will always be a special place for me with one. T

Probably sounds a little weird, but I like the 'looks' of the model 405!

I was somewhat concerned about the unit shooting 2-3" high and sent it back to Taurus; and asked them if they could/would adjust the trigger pull some - 13 lb pull is a bit much!

Also, ordered the hard rubber grips from Taurus- didn't care for the "ribber" grip.

Overall, I think the 405 is one of the pieces that will cause us gun lovers to go full circle back to revovlers for safety, reliability, etc. Can't wait till the .45 acp comes out ... maybe as the Charter, without the need for moon clips!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I would be interested to know if they did or will adjust your stock trigger pull. Normally if one sends in a gun for work and the trigger pull has been lightened by the owner or a gunsmith they will return it back to stock based on their warranty/liability protocol with no regard for the owner.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
i have become a big fan of 40 cal (zombie apocalypse, cops use em) my lgs just ordered 405's be check em out soon

1 - 16 of 16 Posts