·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
here's my thoughts.

already customers are carrying there, and if not in the store are leaving them in the car.. why can't employees?

also my understanding at that plastics factory was the guy was gone for like a hr or two before coming back, even made a call saying he was gonna do it, his girl friend or someone.

anyway if it was in the car why did it take him 1 - 2 hours to come back and shoot the place up?

and if you have to walk to your car to get a gun to shoot someone should'nt you have had enough time to think about it? i mean shooting in the heat of the moment is one thing but if you're going ot get your gun your car has'nt a few mins past? does'nt seem quite premeditated to me at that point.

er anyway if they dont want them in the store thats there policy.. but in their car in the parking lot i think it should fall under their personal area, you should'nt be able to tell your employees what they can have in their car.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Here in Florida,people have been carrying guns for years and now they are worried your going to run out to your car and come back and shoot someone thats crazy yeah i know its happenned over the years but think about it even if it wasnt allowed and somebody really wanted to do it they are gonna doit anyways.Bad guys gonna get guns weather we are allowed or not luckily we are.

·
Registered
959 Posts
+1 orlandodriver

·
Registered
10,043 Posts
How would your employer know that you have a firearm in your car? Do they do random vehicle inspections in the parking facility? Seriously, if your car is locked and the gun is locked up and hidden, how would your employer know?

If they have surveillance cameras in the lot, then just stop the vehicle when you're close to work and secure it there.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Just remember it's for the children. Just do what NYPD said and do not tell anyone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
That's one reason why I carry, just for the protection of my and other children...I'm sure they'd have to have your consent to search your vehicle unless they had a search warrant.

·
Administrator
35,630 Posts
I keep my gun in either a fanny pack in the seat/passenger floorboard, or in a briefcase holster when I'm in my car. Both are fairly inconspicuous and would not draw very much attention even if somebody looked in my car. I'm not sure that employers have the right to search an individual's vehicle in Texas, even if it's parked on their lot......guess I need to find out though, since Texas doesn't have this law yet.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
NYPD said:
How would your employer know that you have a firearm in your car? Do they do random vehicle inspections in the parking facility? Seriously, if your car is locked and the gun is locked up and hidden, how would your employer know?

If they have surveillance cameras in the lot, then just stop the vehicle when you're close to work and secure it there.
Some where along the line your suppossed to notify your employer that you are a conceal weapons license holder and you have your gun in the car if it were me dont ask dont tell.

·
Administrator
35,630 Posts
The state of Texas tells me to keep it concealed, and thats where it will stay.....nobody needs to know.

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
Mine stays in the car at work. I don't tell the management that I have it because it is none of their business. If they want to search my car, that's fine. But I won't open my car or lock box without a warrant.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I love this quote. So true, and nice to see a politician sharing our views:

"They have the right to defend themselves and their families." said State Representative Tim Beardon, who wrote Georgia's new gun law.

Beardon, a former cop, says criminals benefited from restrictions on citizens carrying weapons,

"And it's about time that we started standing up for the innocent, law-abiding citizens instead of making excuses for the criminals all the time," Beardon said.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with Orlando. Do you honestly think that someone who is capable of killing someone at work out of anger or frustration is going to think, "Well... I would shoot them, but it's against the law to have a gun in my car, so I won't." I mean, seriously....

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
joe sixpack said:
also my understanding at that plastics factory was the guy was gone for like a hr or two before coming back, even made a call saying he was gonna do it, his girl friend or someone.

anyway if it was in the car why did it take him 1 - 2 hours to come back and shoot the place up?
Anyone want to guess what the scene might have been like if employees were allowed to carry on site? I'm guessing the crazy guy would have been much less likelly to try and shoot the place up if he knew he'd likelly be faceing return fire.

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
i cant have a gun in my car as i drive a company owned vehicle....but i dont agree with leaving a gun in a car all day long. it only protects you while you are in your car, and just sits there all day for a scumbag who breaks in. i see it all the time in my line of work where a car is stolen and there were guns inside. now if it were me i would feel real bad thinking a scumbag broke in/stole may car and shot someone with my gun...just my thoughts.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
NYPD said:

i believe its stipulated that your employer must be advised i asked if he had any problem be bringin mine to work he toldme his name not walt disney :D

1 - 19 of 19 Posts