·
Administrator
40,549 Posts
Hollywood, what more can you say... :drool: :puke:

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Gray_Wolf said:
I'm watching CSI Miami rigth now...lol but I haven't seen that eposode.

but yeah, that show is full of all kinds of mistakes.
Try watching it with an M.D. wife! Mine's gotten so bad about pointing out the medical errors I've about given up watching it with her (that plus Katherine bugs the crap out of me). On a side note, "House" is apparentlly pretty solid in it's research, the wife only points out errors in that show about ever other episode.

·
Registered
6,000 Posts
CSI and many other shows like it today are a joke, the writing is horrible, acting is sub par, and is like was said full of mistakes.

a lot of people love those shows.. i think they're garbage, other then watching movies i very rarely have the TV on anymore.

·
Registered
10,779 Posts
You're kidding, right? You actually expect the TV, or movies, to get such esoteric subjects as medicine or firearms and ballistics correct? That would require re-writing 99% of everything made in the past sixty years, and lose some of the neatest special effects.

Cars DO NOT explode after accidents on any kind of regular basis. People are NOT blown through doors and windows by calibers less than 100mm. RPG rounds have a minimum flight time before arming. RPGs fired from inside a room tend to fry the shooter, and everyone else in the room. MP5's have 32 round magazines, not 3200. The longest belt available for an M60 was 250 rounds, not 2500.

CPR is only effective when administered properly. CPR cannot be given to a person who is upright in a car, nor can it be effective when administered on a bed or padded furniture.

Miami has never had a data-base for fired projectiles, or casings, that lists the owner of a weapon. Nor has Las Vegas. New York has a fired casing data-base. It's been in existence for a number of years, and had never had a hit. Maryland had had one for about ten years, and never was able to obtain a definite match to this day.

I'm guessing that, under CSI rules, the S&W M&P, S&W99, and Sigma series are all "cheap knock-offs of Glock and Walther"? Or that SigArms, S&W, Springfield Armory, Les Baer, Wilson, STI, and Kimber 1911's are all "cheap knovk-offs" of the Colt 1911? ;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hollyweird counts on the ignorant credulity of the viewing masses to present their poorly researched, mostly fanciful schlock. Even though we unsubscribed from our cable service several years ago, my wife rented the CSI series on DVD because she likes the show, and overlooks the schlock.

·
Administrator
35,704 Posts
I've seen several guys and gals on TV shows who work in real CSI labs and they all pretty much laugh openly about how ridiculous the TV show is.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ahh, but Callie caressing a gun just does things for me. And I'm an old man. On the other hand, how do you determine the wheelbase of a car by measuring the treadwidth?

·
Registered
20 Posts
JR said:
You're kidding, right? You actually expect the TV, or movies, to get such esoteric subjects as medicine or firearms and ballistics correct? That would require re-writing 99% of everything made in the past sixty years, and lose some of the neatest special effects.

Cars DO NOT explode after accidents on any kind of regular basis. People are NOT blown through doors and windows by calibers less than 100mm. RPG rounds have a minimum flight time before arming. RPGs fired from inside a room tend to fry the shooter, and everyone else in the room. MP5's have 32 round magazines, not 3200. The longest belt available for an M60 was 250 rounds, not 2500.

CPR is only effective when administered properly. CPR cannot be given to a person who is upright in a car, nor can it be effective when administered on a bed or padded furniture.

Miami has never had a data-base for fired projectiles, or casings, that lists the owner of a weapon. Nor has Las Vegas. New York has a fired casing data-base. It's been in existence for a number of years, and had never had a hit. Maryland had had one for about ten years, and never was able to obtain a definite match to this day.

I'm guessing that, under CSI rules, the S&W M&P, S&W99, and Sigma series are all "cheap knock-offs of Glock and Walther"? Or that SigArms, S&W, Springfield Armory, Les Baer, Wilson, STI, and Kimber 1911's are all "cheap knovk-offs" of the Colt 1911? ;)
Nice shot boss. ... Well said.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
J.R. you pegged it right on the nose.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Now you all know why I don't have a TV!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
235 Posts
Rackir said:
On a side note, "House" is apparentlly pretty solid in it's research, the wife only points out errors in that show about ever other episode.
Funny you mention House. Last night I had to turn House off because of the opening. It was an episode about someone drag racing, and it was supposed to be a top fuel dragster. Only problem is that it was missing the supercharger (means it is an injected nitro car that runs in Top Alcohol Dragster at best), and the driver was shifting (once again, Alcohol Dragsters and Funny Cars do shift). The other thing that bothered me was the fact that the other driver had a ventilation tube hooked up to his helmet. This doesn't happen in dragsters, only in funny cars, and it is still very rare. That is a NASCAR type of deal. The first thing about the race that got me was how the Christmas tree was a standard, sportsman style (3 lights come on after each other) instead of the pro style (all 3 at once).

Then of course, the 4.54 second 1/4 mile pass took about 35 seconds.

I have to not watch TV very often because I pick it all apart.

·
Registered
878 Posts
SO I'm watching tomorrow never dies (James Bond) the other night, and he's in a C130, flying at high altitude and getting ready to do a high altitude parachute jump requiring oxygen. They give him all the instructions on how at this altitude, without Oxygen, he would be unconscious in no time at all, and it's freezing temperatures etc. Meanwhile they're telling him this with the rear cargo door to the plane wide open, and no one has on a mask, no one is wearing a jacket, and no one is passing out.
Go figure.
Kudos to Harold and Kumar go to Guantanamo. When the air marshalls arrest them on the plane, they are carrying sigs.

·
Registered
3,136 Posts
I seen that episode year or two ago, Haha i remeber them explaining about the "cheap" beretta knock off..Funny funny stuff. Also my dad's friend is an environmental scientist and a pyrotechnicion He says people at work laugh at the show on how ridiculous it is

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
You guys are forgetting the number one rule about writing. Never let the facts stand in the way of a good story. ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.