Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still have many Taurus firearms in my collection... However, I choose to buy, sell and trade firearms often... so I can enjoy the experience of owning and shooting many, many different brands, models and calibers

(I'm not wealthy enough to only buy guns and never sell or trade)

Here's my list, in no particular order, of Taurus guns I "used to have".... What's your list look like?

Like all guns I've ever owned... Each has a story and I remember them well

Curve
TCP738
Spectrum
PT22
PT111
PT709
PT845
PT92 AFS
Model 82
Model 85
Model 94

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
There are only 2 ex-guns that I no longer have - PT24/7G2C in .40 S&W and .45 ACP. I still own all other guns that I have purchased. Both of the others were trade-ins for other pistols in the same caliber - traded the .45 ACP for a Para Ordinance p10-45 and the .40S&W for a Beretta px4 Storm sub-compact in .40 S&W.

That brought me down to only 4 Tauri currently but I'm starting to eyeball the 1911's in commander and officer formats...

Reactions: 777Driver

·
Super Moderator
17,735 Posts
All these went in a single multi-gun trade:

92AF

Not a bad gun but just didn't do it for me. I feel the same way about the Beretta. Must be the ergonomics. Bought at Academy on a Black Friday Deal.

PT738

Should have kept it. But not hard to replace.

.380 Revolver

Trigger pull too heavy and I didn't care for the DAO. Didn't think it was worth the effort to modify.

I traded all these along with a Colt Official Police in one trade. I didn't have a whole bunch of money in any of them. The OP was a partial re-blue. Nice gun, looked good and shot well but it had fixed sights and I have multiple .357/.38's that I prefer. Plus Colts are maybe not the best choice for heavy use these days since service is a problem.

I traded those for two guns, both new. A Springfield Stainless Loaded Target 1911 in 9mm and an SP101 in .22LR. Did not care for the SP101 at all. It's gone too. Still have the 1911. I generally trade because I'm looking for "that gun". Something that shoots well for me. I acquire, I shoot. If it works for me it stays. If not it's gone. I suppose I might keep one if it had collector value and I got it on the cheap.

I usually have a couple on hand I'd be willing to part with. I see no reason to have a big collection of mediocre shooting guns.

Oh, I forgot my PT609 which I loved and I miss but it fell to the "non-recall settlement" and was replaced with a PT809, which I don't like as much as the PT609. I still have the 809.

There's maybe one Taurus I would like to try out at the moment. Maybe. But other than that I don't see anything I want in their catalog.

·
Administrator
39,883 Posts
I traded a PT92AF and a PT 111 older second gen. To help fund a purchase for another firearm. Wish I had kept the PT 111.

·
Registered
550 Posts
PT 24/7 .40 S&W LS
PT111 G2C 9mm
Don't have any any more.
Two was enough for me.

·
Super Moderator
35,128 Posts
I've always looked at my guns as tools to fill a need, a niche. If I have all my niches are filled, I need no more. I have some multiple guns for a given niche, though. Just sometimes see one in a gun shop, at a gun show, or something that I cannot resist. Don't hit many gun shows anymore, though.

What Tauri I have is in my sig line. I've rarely sold a firearm, though I have traded a few that I didn't care much for, but had value to others, like a certain Ruger Security Six. I never sold or traded a Taurus, though an Interarms Rossi 972 was traded with money for a Ruger Blackhawk in .45 Colt I really wanted and still own.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Super Moderator
19,803 Posts
I still have all my Tauri. In fact, only gun I ever traded was a FN 40S. Did not care for the tipped pyramids they used for grip stippling. Don’t suppose I can part with my PT738 (TCP) as my name initials are engraved on the frame. Well, could give it to my dad who has same initials but he has an armory of 380ACP himself.

·
Registered
16,494 Posts
I used to a 24/7 pro in 9 mm and a Pt 111-pro. Both of those went back to Taurus with the law suit. The 2 G 2c's that I got back from Taurus were traded in for a S & W shield 2.0.

·
22,475 Posts
The only Taurus guns I used to have are ones I gifted to family members. Every one that has come into my possession has been a keeper, and staying in the family counts as kept.

Reactions: Yissnakk

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I've gifted several firearms to family members too...

One Taurus (to my grown son) was the first handgun I ever owned

He still shoots it

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
Need to make a slight correction here...I still have my pt24/7G2C in 9mm, so that makes 5 Tauri :)

I'm also somewhat in the same camp as NT there - that I feel on some level that my guns should fill a niche that I have open (though some of those niches for me are just an itch that needs scratching ;))

As a for instance, I have absolutely no need for a .357 Legend - serves no purpose for me at all. At the same time, I am still wanting to buy a .223/5.56 bullpup, in particular, the Kel-Tec RDB, for no better reason than I like bullpups and want one. I also want to put together a 6.5 Creedmoor in AR10 format, just because (and to share bullets with my Grendel). I want a commander and officer 1911 just to round out the collection and just really dig WWII bolt guns...okay, I guess I'm kind of a hoarder....sue me!

·
Registered
231 Posts
I have only gotten rid of one of the few I have owned for years, it was a 917cs. I loved the look and feel of the gun but it was the most inaccurate firearm I have ever seen.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
I GAVE away both my PT111G2 and my G2C. One to my dad....and the other to my best friend....

.....neither one of them ever shot well for me. At best, I was 8 inches low....even with the sights cranked all the way up.

My dad had the same issues and sold his. My best friend LOVES his and shoots it really well.

·
Administrator
17,895 Posts
I traded up, one Taurus for another Taurus. Traded my Taurus PT945, which I liked, but never loved, for a then new Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45.
Currently, I still have the Taurus 24/7 OSS DS .45 and have no plans to trade it or send it in for the Lawsuit Settlement.

Reactions: CJS3 and loudviking

·
Premium Member
13,262 Posts
If I remember correctly there were quite a few that I sold. A 605, 651, a 627, a Mod. 445, a Millenium Pro PT145, a PT24/7 compact .45acp, a PT740, a Mod. 450 and a PT908. I do miss the Mod. 450 and the 651. Right now I have 8 Taurus handguns, two G2C pistols in 9mm and one in .40, a 709, Mod. 66, a Raging Hunter in .44 mag., a 856 and a 617.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Ha... I forgot one. I had a an old, but in good shape Taurus single action (in .45 if I recall)... I don't even remember the model. Was some time ago

·
Premium Member
13,262 Posts
Ha... I forgot one. I had a an old, but in good shape Taurus single action (in .45 if I recall)... I don't even remember the model. Was some time ago
Gaucho maybe?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Gaucho maybe?
Could be... I recall noting there was no model name - number I could find on it. It did say Taurus on the barrel and the caliber

It was shiny stainless

I put faux bone grips on it and it looked great.. 4.75" barrel I believe

All pics of it went kaput with demise of photobucket account once they locked it down

Probably one I should have kept

I now have a shiny stainless 5.5" Uberti in .45

1 - 20 of 21 Posts