Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't sure where to put this thread, so since it concerns my PT145 Mil Pro, I am putting it here. The complaint forum didn't seem quite right.

A little while ago I posted asking people about their experiences with broken guide rods, and got some good responses. Last Monday, I mailed my guide rod out to Taurus via priority mail. As an added measure of security, I paid just a little extra for signature confirmation. I am just now discovering how bad of an idea that was.

I had been checking the progress of my package, when it came to a dead halt on Feb 6. According to the PO, they had tried to deliver it, but no one was home. :???: So back it went to the PO to wait for someone from Taurus to pick it up or for possible re-delivery. I called Taurus and was told that they could not really call, but that the guy would try. I called the PO and got a earful of government mush.

Even though I am the sender of the package, I could not request redelivery. I could not request delivery without signature confirmation. I CAN'T EVEN GET MY PACKAGE BACK! Unless of course, I wait 15 days for them to give up and send it back, or go back down to the PO and fill out a form to "attempt" recovery. Those are the words the oh so helpful woman at the PO central number used.

So I called Taurus again and explained the situation. I spoke with a very helpful gentleman who got right on the computer and started checking things out with the tracking number, etc. Apparently I am not the first one to run afoul of the PO in FL. What a surprise. But Taurus seems to be having trouble with the mail delivery person as well as requests for re-delivery. And here is where the good for Taurus comes in. They are going to send me a replacement guide rod assembly immediately, rather than wait for the package in limbo. I think the gentleman I spoke with is going to have a conversation with their delivery person, and perhaps the local postmaster.

I do a lot of shipping with the PO for my business, and this is the first time in years that I have had this much grief. I would like to think it is local, but the people at the toll free centralized collective aren't local, that's for sure. But I certainly appreciate the action being taken by the folks at Taurus, and wanted to give them a good plug, since we very often only hear the negative. Of course, I will be even happier when the part gets here and my Mil Pro will go bang again.

·
Premium Member
15,931 Posts
You had good results from your phone call!! I had good results with replacement of a Magazine, I too sometimes hate the PO. Our one local PO person will sometimes not even bring packages on the route, and leaves cards instead. So I got to drive 12 miles to get a package that would fit in my mail box.

Then the other one, will get it too me even if she had to come thru a closed gate, and put it in a bag on my porch. PO people can be weird, or very good.

·
32,614 Posts
Not going to ban you to the Nether regions of the Taurus Complaints. Have to try hard to get sent there and this doesn't qualify. :)

Worked at a town PO not to far from here. Management was worried more about getting their bonuses( i.e. quarterly, performance, etc.) than they were with morale and efficiency. Ran the place the way Stalin and Hitler would. Literally and figuratively.

Threats, Big brother watching, initiative stifled completely, and safety were regularly compromised.Not all places are like that, but in this part of the state they are. Doesn't mean all the workers are idiots or stupid, but there are hiring practices and some employees that are kept though they should not. Again, this could be a local thing or sometime thing.

Makes thihgs difficult for those who care and do the job.
Sorry to hear that your PO is that way.
Causes one to get P.O.ed literally. :)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update on my customer service experience. I still have no idea as to whether or not my package made it to Taurus. But there are a few things I have learned. :(

When the customer service manager of Taurus tells a customer that he is going to send out a package to that customer via Fed Ed ground so it can go out right away and have a tracking number attached to it, there are some variables present.

Fed-Ex Ground might really mean the USPS.

Right away can mean anytime within the next several days.

Tracking numbers, as well as returned phone calls are optional.

I don't have any problem with them taking a day or two or even three to send it out, even if that is what he thinks right away means. I know that there are things that can happen to cause delays.

I do have a problem with being told one thing (Fed Ex Ground with a tracking number) and then having something else happen (USPS and NO tracking, or even a record of how it was sent), especially when several phone calls and left messages fail to generate any sort of response at all.

My biggest beef is no returned phone calls. I know that they are busy, but isn't that the job of customer service, to communicate with customers? It's not like I was calling to pass the time of day.

Apparently my stuff was sent last week via the USPS. The CS assistant manager who spoke with me on the phone had no record of how it was shipped, whether by priority mail or first class. I know when I send stuff priority mail I get at least a delivery confirmation number included for no extra charge, but he could not provide me with any tracking information at all.

I know my story to date is not nearly as bad as some I have read, but I don't like it when people tell me one thing only to do another, and then refuse to even speak to me about it. That does not inspire a lot of confidence in me if I have to make use of their customer service in the future.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts