Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Taurus Gaucho and hate the extremely ugly black plastic factory grips...In an early gun magazine, I remember seeing advertisments of the New Taurus Gaucho with factory checkered wooden grips and the Taurus Logo etched at the top..Does any forum member know where a pair of these grips can be found?? I called Taurus in Miami and was told by customer service none were available..Also, I have been told, by so called experts, the grips are the same size as the Colt Single Action Army, except for the pin hole on the backside...is that true? If not, which of the many Colt SAA clones would have grips that are close enough in size to be made to fit with the least amount of work?? thanks from the Bluegrassstate..

·
Registered
5 Posts
I dont know about the Colt grips working for a Gaucho but I always found Gaucho grips by searching "Taurus Gaucho grips" in Yahoo search.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found some at Ajax...too expensive..hopeing to find a used pair of wooden Colt grips that can be modified to fit...I was also recently told that the Jay Scott grips for original/older model Ruger Blackhawk was a fit, except for the pin hole...they can sometimes be found on Ebay for less than $20.00...I may try to buy a pair and check the fit...will post the results, along with pic's if I get lucky...thanks for the info...from the bluegrassstate..

·
Super Moderator
35,281 Posts
I bought a set of Ajax Sambar stags when they were 70 bucks for my .45 Blackhawk. They're now listed at $250. I wish all my investments went so well. :D

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
32,647 Posts
http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus_Gaucho.htm

This not only describes the Gaucho revolver, but has a picture of a Colt grip panel overlaid with the Gaucho's grip. Both are identical. at least form what the picture shows. Take a look for yourselves. This is at the bottom right hand corner of the pagw with the report on it. Scroll to the very bottom.

So what fits Colt should fit the Gaucho.

www.grips4guns.com and www.gungrip.com should have what you need.

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
I know this is an old thread. Has any one confirmed the Colt grips fit the Taurus, I sure would like to get a nice set of grips for my Gaucho.

·
Registered
9,585 Posts
Fish - I don't know - but want to keep this thread alive so....bump!

Reactions: Fishinkeylargo

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
Thanks, seems to me someone has had to try it by now.

Reactions: TheOldRedneck

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
Sir I had a pair in 45 right after they came out. I just pulled the grips off and found a set they matched when set on them. From memory the grip pin was different but not a problem to mark and drill. Take your set to to a gun show . Usually someone selling used grips. Do not remember if they were old model Ruger or Colt. Wasn't hard to find at show.

·
Super Moderator
40,610 Posts
I have thought about that, just have not made it to a gun show lately. Next show in late Feb or Mar, I'll try then.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Fishy
I know this is an old thread, But I installed nice rose wood grips on both my Gaucho's. I got them from Dixie Gun Works in TN. They were about $25.00 /pr. The are not a direct fit, You have to fit them. They are way over size. I fitted mine on with no problems, using files, and sand paper, the wood finnish. I don't think you will find any a direct proper fit, meaning alittle fitting is required on all. My Gauchos are .357 Mag.

barracudadave67

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts