Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just recently purchased a G3C and ran 150 rounds at the range today. My results
were more than what I expected. Zero fail to feed, zero issues period! My paper targets
were set up at 7 & 15 yards and the groups were within 1" to 3" at 7 yards and
3" to 5" at 15 yards. Didn't think that was too terrible for break-in shooting. I highly
recommend this pistol for EDC/CCW . Best of all is the less than $300 price !!

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Wow, humble brag thread shooting up 150 rounds. That's about $150 at todays prices. :D

Just kidding Punisher, congratulations on the new gun.

I bought a used G3 a month or so ago, still haven't shot it. I do have a couple G2's, those things just keep running.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's an awesome gun! I have it, and have never had reliability issues with any of mine. I've owned like 4 of them, from the PT 111 G2, G2C, all the way to the G3C. Also own a G3 and it's stupid fun and reliable, too. Enjoy your great purchase!

·
Registered
7,776 Posts
Congrats on your new pistol.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Enjoy, hear nothing but GREAT things about that gun! And with that price tag, nice job Taurus turning things around!

·
Registered
31,902 Posts
Both the G-2 C and the G-3 C are great in following in the footsteps of the Mil-Pro line of Taurus. I shot my wife's new G-3 C and a friend's G-2 C day before yesterday, and really couldn't tell any difference between the two.

I was doing rapid fire and double taps with both, and both shot to point of aim. We were shooting mostly Federal 115 grain with aluminum cases, and I did have a couple of light dimpled primer strikes, also miss fires from my wife's G-3. I don't know if the striker assbly needs cleaning or there were just a couple of hard primer shells. I have to get out of the habit of clearing a miss fire, and try to remember the second chance trigger pull.

The 9 mm compacts are back on aim a lot quicker than my PT-145 second generation which has a similar trigger travel and pull.

·
Super Moderator
36,024 Posts
Igotymy G3C a few weeks back and have had it out twice and it's a great pistol. Just a couple hundred more rounds and I'll start to carry it. Congratulations on your new gun.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Just recently purchased a G3C and ran 150 rounds at the range today. My results
were more than what I expected. Zero fail to feed, zero issues period! My paper targets
were set up at 7 & 15 yards and the groups were within 1" to 3" at 7 yards and
3" to 5" at 15 yards. Didn't think that was too terrible for break-in shooting. I highly
recommend this pistol for EDC/CCW . Best of all is the less than $300 price !!
In rented a G2C several months ago. Loved the way it shot. Took several months to find one and go through the hoops here in ny to get added to my permit. First 10 rounds below. Shot about a hundred rounds, mixed ammo to see what it liked. No problems with any of it. A59E3CC1-9C00-468A-8A49-812001D31261.jpeg

·
Registered
623 Posts
I like what you did with the bull. Guess if you'd done it in red you could have nicknamed the gun "Red Bull" :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
I think dollar for dollar G3 might be Taurus' best offering right now. Course, I wouldn't argue with anyone makin a case for the 856 either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts