Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I bought my g3 one if the features that I liked was the compatibility I heard they have with Glock sights. The salesman lied or was not knowledgeable. MY Taurus rear sight is seemingly much wider. The Glock sights ride in a dove tail. MY sights seem to lay flat and are held down by a single Allen key.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What are the chances Taurus would give me a upgraded slide? I wager slim to none.

Those g3 with the Glock compatible sights are harder to find. I am really not liking the fact the G3 used this type of sight at all. I mean the sight compatibility was a selling point. Since Glock sights are so easy to find and cheaper.

This leaves me with 2 options. 1. Sell the gun and buy a toro or g3(b) or go with any other Taurus model in the g family.

Or use one of the companies that do produce sights for the original g3. Like the one that includes different colors. Or use a sight plate rear sight for an optic. The later option seems overly expensive. The budget red dots have picatinny rail mounts. Seems weird.

·
Super Moderator
37,204 Posts
Did you buy it in a shop where you could look at it prior to purchase? This is the latest poster child of the long line of Taurus self inflicted wounds. Through years of reading about their product one glaring error crops up. They change specs midstream, sometimes more than once and even the records of the serial numbers involved aren't accurate. This results in them not knowing what part will fit a particular gun, making repairs take longer and sometimes impossible. Anybody else might change the model number slightly to offer a clue. If you were mislead by a sales person on the buy, you may have recourse there, but if you inspected it before taking it home I think it's all on you. A machine shop might be able to cut a dovetail, but the cost would probably exceed the money lost in a swap.

·
Registered
156 Posts
When the G3 came out there were the same old complaints about the sites being like the G2 & G2c. I was surprised when Taurus switched to Glock sites on the G3 like on the G3c which started right out of the box with said sites. I'd say the salesman doesn't keep up on changes and could just as easily be selling cars or window as firearms.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Did you buy it in a shop where you could look at it prior to purchase? This is the latest poster child of the long line of Taurus self inflicted wounds. Through years of reading about their product one glaring error crops up. They change specs midstream, sometimes more than once and even the records of the serial numbers involved aren't accurate. This results in them not knowing what part will fit a particular gun, making repairs take longer and sometimes impossible. Anybody else might change the model number slightly to offer a clue. If you were mislead by a sales person on the buy, you may have recourse there, but if you inspected it before taking it home I think it's all on you. A machine shop might be able to cut a dovetail, but the cost would probably exceed the money lost in a swap.
I did look it over at a lgs before purchase however I have never owned a Glock or Taurus so I had no idea what to look for.

The salesperson did say they were compatible with Glock. Shame on him. I may go with the tru glo style. The stock sights have tiny white circles. My other hand gun is a sig p320 which also only uses white site dots however they are huge in comparison and easy to line up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts