Taurus Firearm Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have shot 278 rounds through my G3 and the slide locked open. I have removed the magazine and reloaded and also Inserted an empty magazine to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

·
Premium Member
4,165 Posts
Sorry, I can't be of any help, but those who know about these things will hopefully be along shortly.

I'm guessing they'll ask for more pictures and a detailed explanation of what happened and when. I would want to see the other side. Is the slide lock stuck and won't go back in to position, or is the slide not moving even when the slide lock is pushed down?

·
Registered
590 Posts
A picture of the left side of the pistol would be helpful. I assume you are using a Taurus Mag and not an aftermarket mag?

It may be the angle of the picture, and I am not an expert, but to me the slide appears to be farther to the rear than needed to reload? I also don't see the Disassembly latch sticking up from the channel in your picture. Could one side or the other be depressed? I also don't see the recoil spring assembly which would normally protrude above the frame when the slide is locked back. Again it could be the angle of the picture.

To release the slide Taurus recommends pulling the slide to the rear and releasing the slide to go into battery. If you are trying to use the Slide Release or what Taurus calls the Slide Catch to release the slide they do not recommend it. HTH.

Reactions: brojohn

·
Premium Member
11,062 Posts
Don't see a take down latch, could it have slipped sideways into the slide assembly locking it up? Pictures of the other side of the pistol and an overhead shot would be nice.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I think we'd need more pictures. At least of the left side of the gun (as mentioned previously, and another into the ejection port, so maybe some of the internals would be visible.

The first thing I'd check is if the slide stop is somehow jammed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have shot 278 rounds through my G3 and the slide locked open. I have removed the magazine and reloaded and also Inserted an empty magazine to no avail.

Any suggestions on how to fix this problem? View attachment 474344

·
Super Moderator
36,014 Posts
i wonder if you may have a bulged barrel. smack it in the rear and see if it will release
Run a cleaning rod down the barrel to see if there a squib round which caused it to bulge. JAT

·
Super Moderator
36,014 Posts
Is the barrel clear? Maybe shine a light down and see if you see a bulge.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Looking at your picture of the left side of the pistol the slide catch/release is definitely not engaged and is not holding the slide open.

Reactions: Mankato Joe

·
Registered
18 Posts
SOMETIMES A CARTRIDGE OR SHELL CASE MAY BECOME “JAMMED” OR STUCK IN THE PISTOL. TO CLEAR THE JAM, (1) POINT THE MUZZLE IN A SAFE DIRECTION, (2) KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER AND ON THE MEMORY PAD, (3) REMOVE THE MAGAZINE, THEN (4) PULL BACK THE SLIDE AND LOCK IT TO THE REAR.

·
Registered
43 Posts
can you pull it enough to use the takedownto release the slide? if you can , takei t apart and take a look inside

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
can you pull it enough to use the takedownto release the slide? if you can , takei t apart and take a look inside
[/Q unfortunately I can not. I think I will need to take it to the shop. Shame because it is only 3 months old and hardly shot.

·
Registered
43 Posts
if its only 3 months old call Taurus and they will send you a label to ship it back on their dime. let them figure it out.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I think your trigger bar 4.09 is stuck in the half way position possibly caught
on the extractor 1.18 from looking at the trigger itself. It should be forward as in the pic however if it sits back, it can jam the slide not allowing to rack properly.

·
Registered
123 Posts
You may be able to turn the pistol upside down and free the tab on the trigger bar from the tab on the extractor with a small flat bladed screwdriver. If they are caught together.

·
Registered
2 Posts

When looking at your other pictures it looks as if the right side of the chamber is bulging locking it back at that point look at picture

1 - 20 of 21 Posts